Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi Nav + on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Nav + on Ebay

I thought someone out there may be interested.<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=792219313 4&amp;category=38653">Upgrade Nav</a></li></ul>
Old 09-19-2004, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I looked at one of these before and

the installation look, uh, involved. You ever seen someone install one of these? The auction says it includes everything...and the price is not bad compared to others I've seen.

I would like a Navidation System in the car, but think the standa-alone units (being portable, go with other car, etc.) are a better deal. This one just look REAL nice IN the car's dash system.
Anything other real advantages to the using the Audi NAV system?
Old 09-19-2004, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't have one.. so I don't know...

Just that its made for the car.

There was alos a new clutch on Ebay...you mught want this given the cost?
Old 09-19-2004, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Best upgrade ever.

I put a Nav+ system in my allroad a couple months ago. The factory nav system is far better than the stand-alone for a couple reasons:

First, it is totally integrated into the car. When you put your headlights on, the nav screen changes from a light gray background to a black one to enhance visibility. The changer, radio and nav all work together. When you display the map or compass, the radio / cd changer status is still shown in a line at the top... the list goes on...

Second, it is a factory unit. No add-ons, it is all Audi... Audi part number, if you do it right, all Audi parts, etc. My car has all original connectors, wiring, etc.. As reliable and neat as stock.

In addition, it is rare. VERY few people go through the effort to get one of these installed and it adds to the value of the car...

As far as the install itself, well, it is a bit complicated. The wiring changes aren't too bad, but you have to deal with several types of connectors, three different sizes of wires and crimp-ends, plus the taking out of the instrument cluster and radio... that adds up to a good-sized job, but if you are reasonably experienced with automotive wiring, it's about a 4 hour job, start-to-finish.

A user on the board, I think it's "TeddyBGame" was kind enough to let me use his tools for this (there are a couple specialized tools that are VERY expensive, but make things MUCH easier), and he has written an install guide for the A6 / allroad. He also found a great place to mount the antenna so it doesn't show anywhere and gets great reception...

Anyway, it's a great upgrade... beware the hazards of buying from an overseas seller... also, the above auction does not include discs...
Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

hardly best ever,unit doesn't play cd's, video is pal not ntsc,do region 1 dvd work in it?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Audi DVD Nav on Ebay

Much better than Nav+ : DVD Nav !
But very very expensive...<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=792154421 6&amp;category=38653">Audi DVD Nav</a></li></ul>
Old 09-19-2004, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ummm... that's what a changer is for... and dash video is teh gay.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

well if your changer input is used for something else then what? like i said hardly best ever
Old 09-19-2004, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

The unit takes kindly to a switch for the changer input... best is eye of the beholder.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah, your right about eye of beholder.

for some reason your post just came off(to me) as the nav + being the do all upgrade. i use cassette for portable satellite radio, and cd changer adaptor for phatbox and would use those 2 functions much more then the nav. i would have no cd player access anymore either.(switch seems like a hassle to me but i could be wrong,would need a changer too)

Quick Reply: Audi Nav + on Ebay