Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi Pure Protection Platinum Coverage vs INDS Exclusionary Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Pure Protection Platinum Coverage vs INDS Exclusionary Coverage

So who's got advice on these two warranty plans:

Audi Pure Protection Platinum (appears to be exclusionary)

INDS Complete (is exclusionary)

Comparative Pricing:

Experience with Claims

Experience with dealers vs Indy Shops

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Allroadmatador
Old 07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default one advantage is the audi plan...

the dealers don't question their payment for a given job. They know how to work with it, it could be considered painless vrs a nother plan.

With most plans you have to have the car inspected above an unkonw $$ limit. They the adjuster gets to negotiate a labor rate with the repair shop, then they have to agree on the hours needed to do the job.

If they both cost about the same, I think I'd go with the audi plan, provided you have read the contract and understand its limits.

It is insurance afterall snf not a warranty.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:08 PM

Default I would agree but I have heard about Audi dealers still having a problem with their

own Audi PPP Coverage. Would you happen to know who is the under writer for the Audi PPP? We are looking for a plan.
Thx
Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I believe JS and A is the underwritter they do many car company plans. PAGING BRUCE M...

Bruce is our resident extended policy guru. He can not only set you straight, but hook you up with alternatives at a good price.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The biggest disadvantage I see is that you have to deal with the stoopid Audi stealerships.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stereoptyped answer. eh?

All kidding asside. While many of us here are wrench turners or have good indys to go to, there is also something to be said for a good dealer shop when you find one. Especially if your are dealing with Audi's own extended warranty issues. If the dealer screws up the diagnosis or the repair, they will (generally)still fix it and deal with it on their dime.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Default See inside

Matador, got your email, will respond.

All things being equal, which they never are, the two exclusionary plans are roughly equal in terms of coverage. But do send me the contract via email if you'd like.

The one advantage of the Platinum plan vs. INDS is there is less give and take with the claims between repairing dealer and JS&A, the adminstrator, as Paulroad said. This does NOT mean they do not come to inspect, haggle on occassion, etc. It's just that the starting basis of the relationship is usually a little, um, healthier. On the other hand, the dealers become the front line arbitrator of what is and is not covered, almost acting as the inspector on behalf of JS&A, so they do not fight to get stuff covered like they would if they were dealing with a different administrator.

There are four advantages to INDS. One is that it is usually cheaper for comparable plans/terms compared to what the dealer offers. Two is that you can go to a dealer or an independent mechanic, your choice. Three is that I'm here AFTER you buy a plan, so I go to bat for people if they have problems, offer advice on getting claims paid, etc. And four is that it's in the dealers and indy's best interests to do what is necessary to get a claim paid....by being creative where necessary, as opposed to being the gatekeeper for JS&A as the dealers are now.

Any other questions just let me know.

Bruce
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM

Default Well I'm not too sure about that. Why would a dealer admit to screwing up?

My "criminal" intuition gives me the impression that either dealership or indy shop can lie about anything, especially about work being done. They only way to check balance, when possible, is by checking the work and having an independent diagnostic, which it's time consuming and frustrating. Are there honest dealers and indy shop? Of course but how honest?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM

Default Wife already dealing with Bruce, thanks for the info.

We just needed a clear understanding of the contract since there is no standard contract across the industry for this. It reads more like a double negative story and at most make reference to other plans. It's like having to learn how to program before you can use a gui. but then again this is my impression. I think will be going with Bruce but I can see the headaches down the road not with Bruce but with the infamous 2.7T engine.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

never said the admit to it.

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection Platinum Coverage vs INDS Exclusionary Coverage