Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Black allroad owners...any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Scuse my ignorance, what's the 605 relay and whay does it do?

Look further down, there is an entire thread on it. Basically, it add extra boost to the power steering. Once removed, the car has a much better road feel. You don't feel like you are floating in the lane. However, the force you have to apply to the streering wheel is greater at very low speed.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Any more advice for waxing?

I would never use a synthetic wax on any of my cars. I have been detailing for years. To clean a car I use Zymol HD Cleanse and if you are really ambitious you can clean it with clay (tough to do but results are great). I wax with only Zymol Destiny wax. The results are incredible and I can not count the number of times people have commented on the condition of my car or my wifes. Hers is a 3 year old BMW 540ia sport and is left outside in the elements year round when she is at work, I live in the NE and it is also driven in all weather conditions. I mention hers because it is constantly receiving compliments and people are shocked when I tell them that the car is 3 years old.
Old 08-11-2001, 07:31 AM

Default Again, Thanks for your kindness...

I will definately try your advice! Maybe I'll have some new photos next week....

I'll keep an "eye" open on the road as well... It seems when I get behind the wheel of the allroad, I never know where I'll end up!

I see you have the 4.2, what color is your allroad? - 8-)
Old 08-11-2001, 03:26 PM

the only time a black audi is clean is when its wet while washing it!
Old 08-13-2001, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't have allroad...

occasionally troll the allroad forum since some is applicable to the A6, and I think the allroad is awesome. The wife is ordering an S6 Avant. It was almost going to be the allroad or the S4 Avant, but we chose the normally aspirated V8 power and the bigger size (and unfortunately bigger price tag . It won't be as versatile as the allroad for skiing and trailblazing, but we will probably keep her Outback for mucking things up...as a utility vehicle, it is very good...and honestly, I'd be just as upset crapping up the allroad as I would the S6, so we'd probably keep the Outback for a couple years even if we had chosen the allroad.
It is looking like Ming Blue will be the ultimate S6 color...although a special order Nogaro is still a possibility (she loves it on the S4, but we are hesitant on the much larger S6 Avant???).

Oh yeah, nice pics above I got a whole bunch of pics of the 4.2 in the Redwood Forest a few months ago (on regular film) and my scanner sucks so I will probably never post them...from now on it is digital or nothing!