Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

C5 allroad meets B8 allroad

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C5 allroad meets B8 allroad

Here are a couple pics of our 2013 B8 allroad meeting our 2001 C5 allroad after the C5 was away for an extended time for repairs. The B8 has just under 4000mi in just under two months. They are two very different drives, but they are both equally fun.
Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I was hoping someone would do a side by side comparison/picture. Thank you for that. What can I say, both gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the purchase, and staying true to the Audi brand.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what level is the C5 sitting at?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jay_cat
what level is the C5 sitting at?
Looks like L2
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, C5 was at L2
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by medimike1
Yes, C5 was at L2
One day, I'll be as cool as you sir...

A Single Turbo = Check
A Dual Turbo = Check
A Supercharger = Check

Ahhh Life's Good!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Both are beauties! I have an '11 Q5 3.2L and I'm tempted to check out the new allroad.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by awdjunkies
One day, I'll be as cool as you sir...

A Single Turbo = Check
A Dual Turbo = Check
A Supercharger = Check

Ahhh Life's Good!!!
Surprisingly, I never thought of it that way, but I like it. 10 years ago we had two normally aspirated Audis with 2.8s.

The B8 is a different drive from the C5. Despite having a smaller engine, it's much lighter, quieter, and very tossable, and builds speed very quickly. It's very easy to drive fast and feels much more planted at speed. It's much more refined even though the 2.0T doesn't sound as nice as the 2.7T. It doesn't have the air suspension or the heated rears and steering wheel of the C5, but it does have a giant sunroof.

Our C5 is completely stock, and in comparison it feels heavy, or shall we say, substantial. It looks much more masculine. It holds more stuff. But it's still an awesome ride, and we have no regrets getting out of the B8 allroad or the B8 S4 and taking the C5 out for the day. For now at least, and after substantial cost to fix an oil leak, suspension problem, and front door corrosion issues, we're glad we didn't trade the C5.

Is one better than the other? Don't think so. They're two different vehicles, and they are both awesome.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by medimike1
Surprisingly, I never thought of it that way, but I like it. 10 years ago we had two normally aspirated Audis with 2.8s.

The B8 is a different drive from the C5. Despite having a smaller engine, it's much lighter, quieter, and very tossable, and builds speed very quickly. It's very easy to drive fast and feels much more planted at speed. It's much more refined even though the 2.0T doesn't sound as nice as the 2.7T. It doesn't have the air suspension or the heated rears and steering wheel of the C5, but it does have a giant sunroof.

Our C5 is completely stock, and in comparison it feels heavy, or shall we say, substantial. It looks much more masculine. It holds more stuff. But it's still an awesome ride, and we have no regrets getting out of the B8 allroad or the B8 S4 and taking the C5 out for the day. For now at least, and after substantial cost to fix an oil leak, suspension problem, and front door corrosion issues, we're glad we didn't trade the C5.

Is one better than the other? Don't think so. They're two different vehicles, and they are both awesome.
Well said/typed..

PS: Oh and I know what you mean, I still have a 2.8 as well lol.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Show everyone the daytime running lights. I love the new allroad. Very nice looking. I'm waiting for someone to do an offroad comparison between the two from either motortrend or autoweek. Amazing the 2.0t has the same torque numbers as the 2.7t.

Quick Reply: C5 allroad meets B8 allroad