Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

BE: cant find a good allroad to buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BE: cant find a good allroad to buy

i have sold my v10 touareg and i am on the hunt for a allroad.

its been 2 weeks since started looking locally in the north east. more recently i have expanded to a **national search**. primarily looking on craigslist via search tempest, auto trader, cars.com, and ebay. ive had a few cars slip through my hands, primarily a certain wrapped one down in fl that i may just hang myself over. im encountering several people asking exorbitant amounts for their cars but upon contact i find out about leaking bags, blown clutches, leaky gaskets, and no maintenance history at all. again, i have no problem paying more than blue book, but im not paying thousands over for a car that will RIGHT AWAY need thousands in work https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/.

that being said i would love some help from you guys if you know of anyone out there selling or thinking about selling. below is what im looking for. i will of course make concessions if some of the factors are exceptional.

looking for a 6 speed or auto with a blown trans (to swap in a 6spd)

~ideal car would be a 2001 because of no soft touch and high chance of heated steering wheel.
~parking sensors are very desirable
~black,white,red,and blue are my favorite colors (yes i know some are very rare). i prefer original paint work, but a well wrapped car (especially red... you know who you are) is very desirable to me.
~darker interiors are very desirable (this car will end up hauling some stuff)
~oem heavy duty hitch is very desirable as i will use this to tow around my lil racer
~must still have airbags

i love all colors but silver and beige are far down the list. green interior is even further down the list.

i would like to keep it under 150k unless there are some serious service records showing a lot has been addressed mechanically.

Last edited by Challa Bhau; 08-02-2021 at 04:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case you're still shopping, this may be a worthy candidate: 2005 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7T - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Not an '01, but nice ones are hard to find. Know nothing about this car, but it's in the same region and source where I found my '04 black beast >four years ago. Though my FIND had < half the mileage, this still meets your limit, and the pictures are helpful in assessing this issue. Enjoy your shopping and good luck in your quest. Lovin' my '04.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Unless you can find an OEM "hidden hitch" installed through a dealer when the Allroad was newer (a decade ago), the only "heavy duty" hitch for 01-05 Allroads is the Justin hitch. Everything else is crap except European versions, but they generally have metric ***** instead of SAE, so they'll rattle in an SAE trailer tongue.