Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Coilover Suggestion Pls.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default as I said, I didn't mention any names. Moving on -

It is my opinion and in agreement with Paul that the replacement airsprings one should use are from Arnott. I hope you did, reason is they have a liftime warranty and you can buy two for the price of one oem.

The best price I have been hearing is through PureMS, also Hotchkis will have a blowout sale every so often. I am with many others who have said that the H-sports (22815) should be an owners first mod. They are phenomenal.

Summit also carries Hotchkis products. Do a google search for Hotchkis 22815 I think the price from Joe@pureMS is about $350.

What airspring did you order?

Jon
Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by paulroad
most of us want the allroad for many reasons. ... the availability of a the 2.7 turbo motor with a manual transmission in a wagon.. estate... is another.

Click on the link at the top of the page "Click Here for the allroad buyer's guide" for more USA based info on the allroad.
Thanks for that, paulroad.

I guess we're lucky in UK then as those that don't want air suspension can buy a factory-standard 2.7T manual quattro avant (estate); here's a couple of nice examples currently for sale ...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...easc&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...easc&logcode=p

They're cheaper than the Allroads too, albeit probably over-priced in these adverts, so I guess that we're lucky to have them available over here.

There's even one on eBay at present with a LPG conversion fitted, although I have no idea how long the valves/seats will last without the petrol's lubrication, but that's off-topic for this thread.

Of course, I specifically want the adjustable suspension so the fact that I could save money and have an A6 quattro estate "factory-standard" without doesn't really help me much

I've read the excellent Allroad buyers' guide, thank you; it was a Google search which brought up the guide that led me to join this forum.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ar-Rings
It is my opinion and in agreement with Paul that the replacement airsprings one should use are from Arnott. I hope you did, reason is they have a liftime warranty and you can buy two for the price of one oem.

The best price I have been hearing is through PureMS, also Hotchkis will have a blowout sale every so often. I am with many others who have said that the H-sports (22815) should be an owners first mod. They are phenomenal.

Summit also carries Hotchkis products. Do a google search for Hotchkis 22815 I think the price from Joe@pureMS is about $350.

What airspring did you order?

Jon
Jon,

I bought the stock replacement Arnott set for the rears.

I also searched Hotchkis 22815 on google and so far pureMS has the lowest price. I will purchase them soon so I could install them all in the same time.

Robert
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Glad to hear. Now that I think about it, I'd say it is the lifetime

warranty Arnott offers. It surely says the are proud of there product and feel they will be the last you'll need.

As I have said on this forum and others, the H-sports are well worth it. I came from (and still have both) an '87 GTI 16v and a '91 Jetta GLI, both with suspension upgrades. So it seemed the allroad was going to tip over. The Hotchkis set really helped. Yes, sounds like a good time to install them, while your already under there. But they do install very easy. Probably the biggest help will be to have a box end ratchet to use on the horizontal mounting bolts on the rear bar, I didn't, but others have said to use one. It would have made it easier (not much room). Me as well as most others use the hard setting on the rear bar. Which is the inner most bolt holes out at the end links.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ar-Rings
warranty Arnott offers. It surely says the are proud of there product and feel they will be the last you'll need.

As I have said on this forum and others, the H-sports are well worth it. I came from (and still have both) an '87 GTI 16v and a '91 Jetta GLI, both with suspension upgrades. So it seemed the allroad was going to tip over. The Hotchkis set really helped. Yes, sounds like a good time to install them, while your already under there. But they do install very easy. Probably the biggest help will be to have a box end ratchet to use on the horizontal mounting bolts on the rear bar, I didn't, but others have said to use one. It would have made it easier (not much room). Me as well as most others use the hard setting on the rear bar. Which is the inner most bolt holes out at the end links.
Jon,

Thanks for the 411! Nice collection of VWs. Yeah, can't wait for the sway bars and for the rear bags to be installed. My brother who lives in Vegas have my jack stands so I'm having them done even though I have all the tools needed. Also I'm making them sit higher like level 3 height on level 2. More suspension travel, taller tires for my wheels and ride comfort are my thing right now.

Robert
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Strangest thing...

My rears are holding air for 2 days now. I know the compressor works because it pumps the rears and rises it and does hold its height and vice-versa for the front. Sometimes the fronts are the only ones that rises-up without the rears. Other times both rises but the fronts are in a higher level compared to the back. All these times, the ride height light was on. I think it's not the rear bags that have the problem. Crap, I just received the Arnott rear bags and not so sure now if it's the bags or something electrical. Right now, both are in the same level and holding. If there's a leak on the bags, the compressor would've worked non-stop right? Is there any way the air suspension could be reset to its original program?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got 2Bennett with 30.000 miles on it allready , THEE best I love it , no issues what so ever,car feel firm , same as you tired of the air sytem, pump, air bag,etc.
Car takes corners,much safe to ride,,,
Call 2bennett and talk to ERIC , hi's very helpfull....
Old 03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 2 Bennet adaptation done with thick spacers or did they extend the shock mounting rod like Arnott?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually we settled in NY, not Socal!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

iirc, welded extensions onto the housings like Arnott.

Quick Reply: Coilover Suggestion Pls.