Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Crazy car wash bruised AR (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy car wash bruised AR (long)

Ar is going in the shop tonight for extensive work (cam seals, both CV joints, blinker relay, output shaft seal, possible TB, water pump etc.) So I figure a little wash for the car the Indy will take better care of it. This car wash is a no-touch at a Hess station. All systems are a go I drive in the wash stop at the appropriate signal and the doors slam shut. From that point on things are not good, the boom passes over for the initial soak, then for the second soak. I am enjoying a classical CD until I hear a bang and a slight tap on the rear of the car. At this point I use my wipers to see what is going on and to my horror the boom is loose and about to rip off my mirror (thank god for the remote fold option). Part 2 since I have no where to go I pray at that point, the boom is swinging around as it dispenses red white and blue polish over the car, boom stops and swings back and forth hitting my front bumper very lightly. One phase to go Spot free rinse this was ugly as the water pressure builds the boom cuts through the air like a rotor blade (not hitting the ar). A loud bang before the rinse cycle is finished and the fun stops, the front door opens and out I drive with red, white and blue suds all over the car. Called manager showed him my car and he offered to wipe the foam off since he had no hose to rinse the car. Long story so here it is back lid scratched 4 ", ego bruised (driving the multicolored ar to a self wash to rinse. Could have been worse.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I usually don't use car washes....I have this fear of this...what a pain...

you are right it could have been way worse, hope they will pay to have the scratch taken care of. I went through one a month of so ago before the weather turned again and I prayed the whole time I was in there...definitely feel your pain.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

so much for touchless. . .