Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Current Audi Money Factor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Audi Money Factor?

i recently read how most people were getting a money factor of either .00035 or .00025 from audi. has this changed in the last few days/weeks? i am getting quoted .0005 even with perfect credit (currently negotiating for an '03 ar).
Old 07-23-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Current Audi Money Factor?

base factor is .00025. Just consumated deal last week (Atlas Grey Bose, 17', premium, Cold). Most dealers when pressed on the base MF will fold, happened to me a few times. Don't let them give you anything else.

Welcome to the fold. You'll be modding in no time, I'm sure. BTW, the AR fanatics on this forum represent less than .01 % of all AR owners (as per Jeff Moss at Torque factory; GIAC tip chip, ECU chip) so consider yourself in good company.

Jeff
Old 07-23-2003, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

damn really? i was wondering if it was still that low. i was surprised to continually get .0005 from a few dealers, even when hammering on them! how is it i can verify this, is there a site for it? obviously, i would like to go in there and tell them i know i can get .00025.

almost to the deal i want... can't wait to make this happen!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Edmunds...

Go to edmunds 'lease forum' go back maybe to Aug.4th, 5th, 6th. Car Man who chairs this forum answers alll questions on lease factors/residuals. You will probably find my post there (roxreps), asking the same questions...very knowledgeable guy...

jeff
Old 07-23-2003, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Edmunds...

actually, i did notice your posts there. i was checking that out shortly ago. the last thing the dealer near me just said was that that the .00025 mf ony applies if you provide a security deposit, otherwise it is .0004. i am actually tired of these guys... all the dealers in orange county, ca have a ton of allroads and they think there are none around so they barely negotiate.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:50 PM

Default That's Bulls--t! Tell them you know the base MF and if they won't give it to you,

you will walk... I guarantee there is a dealer out there that will work with you. It's late July. i don't believe MF values will get any better. Find a dealer that has 5, 6 AR's on the lot. Try doing this deal the last few days of this month. These salesmen have quotas...they will deal...

Just tell them all their customers are buying BMW 5 series because of the great deals they're giving, so don't expect a run on AR's...If you aren't commited to walking out, you'll never know how far you can push the salesman. Also try and find someone "green", someone new. He'll do a deal just to do the deal. He wants to move merchandise, and impress the mgr..
Mondays are good days to go to the showroom. All the older, experienced guys are off...

jeff
Old 07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: That's Bulls--t! Tell them you know the base MF and if they won't give it to you,

word! that's what i have been doing- telling them there are far too many good deals being had for me to consider one like that. curiously, when i tell them i am walking they seem to think i will be back. morons...

finally, the 8th or 9th dealer i called up has a completely loaded ar, minus navigation, and they will do a better deal than the others i have been talking to that only have premium, 17", cold and bose. pretty stoked on that!!! they are waaaay north of me but i will be going to the dealership this weekend :-)

can't wait to have my local dealer service the ar i got from someone else because they don't wouldn't make less than $1000 over invoice with a weak mf...
Old 07-23-2003, 05:26 PM

Default Re: That's Bulls--t! Tell them you know the base MF and if they won't give it to you,

Deals are being made $500. over invoice, and better.
Good luck, and let us know know how you did.
Best deals are made last couple of days in month...

Another idea. Go through either fleet or internet sales manager. These guys were throwing deals at me left and right., and they wouldn't leave me alone! Send same Email to 8, or 10 mgrs. State what you want, the colors you're flexible with, same with options (less is better as far as I'm concerned) what you will pay over invoice, and that you will only take what's in THEIR inventory. You will not be interested in other dealer's car. Tell them you must do this deal immediately, and will pick up the car within a few days (need it for a trip).

Lay down a little honey... you'll catch something...
Old 07-30-2003, 08:26 AM

0.00025? Is that right? VW is using 0.0022 for the Touareg, which is almost nine times higher! I ask, because I am cross shopping the allroad against the Touareg.

-- Len
Old 07-30-2003, 09:30 AM

Default That's right...

This car will be a hot seller for VW, so
I don't see how you can get a 'sweet' deal at this point in time.They can't drop their drawers on a new car, especially when demand is so high. You're probably looking at minium MSRP for the Toureg, and residuals are still fairly up in the air I would guess. Let's see what happens next summer. AR vs. toureg? Apples/Oranges. AR is really a luxury everything car. Toureg is still an SUV. AR has more interior haul room, too. I needed a vehicle that can do it all, if need be. If you live off road, and you offroad more times than not. T-reg is a better choice. Me, I'll never go offroad unless I have to. if that's the case, I'll be amply prepared and arrive in style as well.

Quick Reply: Current Audi Money Factor?