Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Door always keep locking over 15mph in same trip!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door always keep locking over 15mph in same trip!

I'm sure I saw this recently in another thread but I can't find it for the life of me.

My car just came back from the shop and I'm having difficulty diagnosing this issue to see whether they should be liable.

The two driver side doors were painted from a break-in and attempted theft of car (yes, even with IMMO).

Now that I have the car back, 50% of the time I get in and begin my trip the stupid door locks will lock as normal at 15mph, but they'll also attempt to re-lock again EVERY time I exceed 15mph. This happens without having to stop, unlock, or shut the car down. It literally occurs in the time the car is still in Drive.

I scanned with VCDS and got a 1561 - rear left door can't lock
But it actually _does_ lock and unlock normally. My guess is the module can't see it doing this.

I presume this is what's causing the module to attempt re-locking.

Anyone know if there is a separate sensor/switch independent of the lock/unlock actuator?

thanks in advance,, sorry I couldn't find the other thread.

...also have a fun G28 sensor code now causing no-starts. yay me!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem with the Allroad, posted the question here, to no avail.

My locks re-engage if I unlock them, then slow down and accelerate past 15 mph. Annoys me quite a bit.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Perhaps it was your thread I couldn't find again.

Did yours always do this?
Mine hasn't but I can't tell if the shop did anything either physically or via software. My Central Locks coding thru VCDS looks to be normal. I do get that one fault so that's what I'm suspecting. I can't find a door wiring diagram and if I did, I'm not entirely sure how to read it.

Scan you car yet? I'd be curious to know if it's the same code.

Just found this - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01561
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm comparing my Allroad (2005) to my 2001 A6. I don't know if the software changed between the two models, but my behaviour is not what I expected.

The coding is correct, it's either ON (for auto-lock above 15 mph) or OFF.

Generally, I prefer the autolock to be on, and occasionnally I unlock all doors after auto-lock engages. And I want my locks to remain unlocked in that case. But in the Allroad, they will re-engage. Not so in the A6. Once I unlock them, they will remain unlocked until I shut off the ignition.

I will scan the comfort module again and post the results. I didn't notice any obvious errors.

P.S. And nobody on this forum could confirm whether they're getting the same behaviour in their AR or not. Go figure.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I should add, something is up with my hatch lock. If I code the rear hatch to auto-lock, it disables my dome lights! So I left it alone, it doesn't auto-lock (specifically, enabling the auto-lock feature for the rear hatch only, separate from the general auto-lock).

I'm suspecting there's a short somewhere, or some wires are incorrectly connected.

I don't know what Kim Cattrall did to my Allroad when she owned it...
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't think it re-locks on my 01 Allroad, but I'll check. I'm sure an 05 Allroad has different software, as that was the last year for the C5 chassis and a lot of newer strategy was being implemented. In general though, the relock won't affect the door opening, as the doors unlock when the inner handle it pulled. At least on my 01, it unlocks and opens the door on any door if it's locked.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know how to fix this issue, but I know how to make it stop. Here is a link to a previous post of mine. Follow the link in the original post and you can code-out the auto lock feature before you burn out or ruin all o the locking motors. Cheers.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2826171
Old 05-28-2012, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 12vWhat
I don't know how to fix this issue, but I know how to make it stop. Here is a link to a previous post of mine. Follow the link in the original post and you can code-out the auto lock feature before you burn out or ruin all o the locking motors. Cheers.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2826171
If you want to stop auto lock/unlock, subtract 32 from the coding value of the 35 central locking module.

https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kristopher
I'm sure I saw this recently in another thread but I can't find it for the life of me.

My car just came back from the shop and I'm having difficulty diagnosing this issue to see whether they should be liable.

The two driver side doors were painted from a break-in and attempted theft of car (yes, even with IMMO).

Now that I have the car back, 50% of the time I get in and begin my trip the stupid door locks will lock as normal at 15mph, but they'll also attempt to re-lock again EVERY time I exceed 15mph. This happens without having to stop, unlock, or shut the car down. It literally occurs in the time the car is still in Drive.

I scanned with VCDS and got a 1561 - rear left door can't lock
But it actually _does_ lock and unlock normally. My guess is the module can't see it doing this.

I presume this is what's causing the module to attempt re-locking.

Anyone know if there is a separate sensor/switch independent of the lock/unlock actuator?

thanks in advance,, sorry I couldn't find the other thread.

...also have a fun G28 sensor code now causing no-starts. yay me!
You need a rear door latch assembly. The switches are internal and part of the lock assembly unit.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ezveedub
If you want to stop auto lock/unlock, subtract 32 from the coding value of the 35 central locking module.

https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml
It will remove the symptom, but not the underlying cause, at least in the OP's problem.

I suspect something is shorting somewhere in his case. Take the doors apart, recheck the connectors.

Or check the wires in the boot that goes from the door to the body. Some could be cracked and exposed.

Quick Reply: Door always keep locking over 15mph in same trip!