Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Door always keep locking over 15mph in same trip!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
It will remove the symptom, but not the underlying cause, at least in the OP's problem.

I suspect something is shorting somewhere in his case. Take the doors apart, recheck the connectors.

Or check the wires in the boot that goes from the door to the body. Some could be cracked and exposed.
If he has a DTC fault for door will not lock, then it will try to keep locking the door if the central locking is coded for auto lock. You either replace the door lock or remove the auto lock function to stop this from happening.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezveedub
If he has a DTC fault for door will not lock, then it will try to keep locking the door if the central locking is coded for auto lock. You either replace the door lock or remove the auto lock function to stop this from happening.
Conjecture here, but I doubt his door lock broke, considering the problem started occurring after the door panels were removed/reinstalled for the painting procedure.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I am going to return the car to the shop and have them look at that door.

GTA Driver;
Something I just realized was happening also is that my boot/hatch pops open when the car is OFF and I am trying to get the doors to lock or unlock with the remote. I'm 99% sure I'm not hitting the hatch release. The key position is locked, but what might be happening is since the car fails to give the confirmation of it being locked (due to no feedback from the LR door) I might be hitting some combination of commands or holding it too long and it's popping the hatch.

I'm sure it's related to this switch. Maybe we have similar issues.

this might help those electrically-learned people
http://www.scribd.com/doc/46963961/A...entralka-Alarm

Last edited by Kristopher; 05-28-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add link
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update

While I haven't figured out why that door is acting up I had the shop pull it apart to ensure they've connected everything properly. It's all wired up so I'm stuck now at what might be the issue. The alarm system doesn't seem too happy with this as it refuses to give me audible confirmation thru the horn that it's armed. From what I can tell it does arm and the locks still function. Just the recognition of them being locked/unlocked is the issue.

I'm going to pull the panels off to have a look myself. fingers crossed.