Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

ebay letter to scammee, it seems like they took care of it

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay letter to scammee, it seems like they took care of it

i won the bidding on these seats, trying my luck with the scam.
Here's the letter i got from ebay after the whole shindig...

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay to notify us of this situation.

I understand your concern about your transaction with this seller.
Please be assured that we have taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the membership.

As you may know, we are unable to provide specific information regarding the result of our investigation to third party members. Please understand that this is for the protection of all eBay users. However, I can tell you that our records indicate the seller you are reporting is currently not a registered eBay user. As such, you are no longer obligated to complete this transaction nor would we advise you to do so.

Thank you for helping to keep eBay a fun and safe place to trade.

Regards,

Lilith
eBay Motors
Trust and Safety Department

Important: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information (such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc.) in an email. Learn more account protection tips
at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-account-theft-protection.html

For our latest announcements, please check:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

In order to better serve you, we'd like to occasionally request feedback on our service. If you would rather not participate, please follow the instructions in the email message you will receive from us. Your request will be processed within 5 days.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah, it smelled funny, so I sent a few messages to ebay security...

when the listing first appeared, and then reappeared after you won the first auction. I added in the comments that I "heard" on some on-line forum that people were contacted by the seller requesting a much higher amount than the winning bid.

Glad that you, and others, were not harmed by this seller. I buy and sell lots of stuff on ebay, and this kind of behavior makes me sick! Makes it harder to sell stuff when people try to scam.

Here is my post from earlier about the second listing getting deleted by ebay...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/466757.phtml">ebay scam</a></li></ul>