Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

End of Lease - Seeking opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default End of Lease - Seeking opinions

The lease on my 2005 Allroad is up in April. I had a 45k mile lease (15k a year), but it's almost March and I'm just about to hit 32k miles. Yes, I bought too many miles...which I blame on my wife, but that is another story. Anyway, the buyout is $26,300. We were planning on leasing a Q7, but it is just so much $$$. We want the 7 passenger seating for when we have a 2nd baby...but since she's not even expecting yet, we really don't need the Q7.

We thought about buying a pre-owned, but nicely equipped, you are talking mid to high $40s. So, I've always liked the A6 and I've seen quite a few certified 2007s for around $35k. So, what would you do:
1) buyout the A6 at $26k
2) get a preowned 2007 A6 at approx. $35k
3) stop whining about the $$$ and just lease a Q7 ?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4) Call Audi Finance when there are less than 30 days in the lease; see if they'll deal on price.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: What is interesting is how much the same vehicle, but with a 4.2 V8, is worth

Been looking at 05 4.2, most with less than 40k miles are mid 30s.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm pretty much in the same situation as gobridge; like rdar says, the kbb price surprised me

Even for trade-in or private party sale. Mine has 36k miles (and allowed 45k in lease too...), and my buyout is less than even good condition trade-in value of about $31k.

I've seen one '05 4.2 at my dealer, who was asking $36k...and it sold in 3 days. I have no idea what it sold for, but it seems they're holding book better than I thought they were. Damn...

Pretty much in the same position as gobridge--and in that the car has been so good and we love it, it sure will be hard to let go of it.

Leaning towards keeping it. The dealer has given me some options too, including leasing it back (good money factor on CPO).

I kind of feel cheated on the warranty for this car, because it has been the least trouble (nearly zero) of any Audi I've owned. It doesn't like the dealer, but not sure I want to go down the no warranty path.

I have to make my decision in the next few months, so we'll see what happens.

GOBRIDGE--Please post what you end up doing, and what deal you make. I'm interested.

Not sure which way I'd lean with your choices. I'm with you on the Q7 (price) and think I wouldn't take that option, unless the dealer can get you one under invoice or something.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Without a doubt keep.

I have wife, two kids and a dog and this is the best vehicle I have ever had for roadtrips, includes minivans, pickups and 4doors (even my A6 because of dog). Save your money (going to need it with maybe two kids) and purchase an aftermarket warranty. It doesn't get any better than this.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: 4) Call Audi Finance when there are less than 30 days in the lease; see if they'll deal on pric

I would keep car but by its a present to keep it fresh, new wheels, a nav upgrade, sat radio etc. You get the idea. Imho the q7 is not a replacement at all. Feels way to big and bulky to me.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What is (shouldn't be) a suprise, is that the local dealer was willing to give for our ar

even with over 140k on the clock, it was more then we expected. His story is that they have a waiting list for older used ar's...We are keeping ours.

Mark.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Keep the allroad and get the Q7 ;-)
Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll go ahead and track this thread, being that my lease end is in July

2005 4.2 w/ 28K

Buyout will be ~$34K

I'm hoping that Audi Bank / my local dealer will work with me, and if not, it's going back.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Glad I'm not alone!!! (more)

It's like I want to go a different direction every day. My wife was really starting to think we should keep the AR, but on the way to work this morning, the radio and cd player started going crazy. I'm wondering if that was a sign to move on.

However, I'm going to check out the local dealers to see how much the used ARs are going for. The main drawback from a buyout to me is the thought you might be paying more than it's worth. But, if the values are holding as good as you guys say, then it's worth some more thought. On the other hand, we have had a few problems with the car...

The latest thinking today was maybe to lease an Infiniti M35x. I've seen some nice lease deals on them lately. I have a FX35 with 50k miles which has been trouble free. Better yet, I love my Infiniti dealership. I actually look forward to taking it in for service. Unlike the Audi dealership down the road, they can usually get you in the same week, they always have loaners, they valet park your car, and on average from the time I step out of my car till I was driving away in a loaner has been about 12 - 14 minutes. Better yet, there is an attitude from everyone from the guy that parks your car to the service advisor that you are the customer and that they are there to serve you. At my Audi dealership, they treat me like I should be grateful that they are going to take time out of their busy schedules to look at my car. Sorry for the rant, but the dealership experience (especially when compared to the Infniti experience a few doors down) has been the only negative about my Allroad. I will keep you guys posted. I'm thinking I want to get this all figured out and go negotiate next week to take advantage of the "end of the month".

Quick Reply: End of Lease - Seeking opinions