Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Extended Warranty question. (I did STFA before asking)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I only do non-electrical work on my TT myself. Don't want to stir-up

any Audi electrical gremlins. Forget about messing with the allroad. So I guess I'm looking for some good quality coverage.

If I go with a third party warranty does that mean I will need to take it to and independent shop? I typically don't like to pay dealership labor prices but in this case I think a dealership would be more familiar with the allroad. I live in Dallas now and I haven't seen many allroads so I don't think many indy shops work on them on a regular basis.

Have you heard anything about dealerships treating diagnostics differently if the warranty isn't through them?

Thank you for the info. Apparently you are the one I need to talk to so I will e-mail you for more.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good aftermarket policies let you choose the repair shop. Good Audi owners manage the claims

process: dealers may not change diagnosis, but they do try to take what they can when knowing that neither you nor Audi pays the bill. I had one dealer try to overcharge on parts, so I bought them at a different dealer as a matter of principal - why should the installing dealer overcharge anyone, let alone my trustworthy warranty company that's been good to me?

Basically, there are ways to phrase claims requests to ease the process. A good service writer knows how to help, a bad one does not want to deal with your company. Better to seek your pre-approval before you go, get the diagnosis yourself with an estimate (check prices here, if desired) and then quarterback the dialog with the insurer if you lack confidence in your SA. On the other hand, some are very willing and adept at making sure the claim matches your contract and that you get covered, leave happy and come back again with more of that insurer's money!<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/threads/138546.phtml#683606">one good outcome</a></li></ul>
Old 02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Warranty Direct directed me (yuck yuck) to www.mycarstats.com. Used as a TSB resource.

You can log on for free and read of complaints on your model. Interesting to read some of the complaints.

The fellow was pushing me to buy this warranty ~$4K or so for 36k miles, but was also saying, "you're probably good 'til 60k miles". Ok so I have 32k miles on mine and I should pay $4k to get to just over 60k? I don't think so.<ul><li><a href="http://www.mycarstats.com">http://www.mycarstats.com</a</li></ul>