Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Finally drove my H-Sport allroad...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally drove my H-Sport allroad...

I am pretty impressed. While I had gotten use to the lean of the vehicle and it didn't slow me down having the the car stay flat feels much nicer. I wasn't "racing" but I pushed it through some ramps that I am very familiar with and the 18inch tires didn't squeal so I was still a long way from the limit but I was still going very quickly. One thing I have learned with the allroad that was different that my BMW's is that you want to get all your slowing done while still pointed straight and be ready to start putting power down before you start your turn. Kind of like my bike the allroad likes having power slowly fed in while in a corner. I have the bar set on stiff and the 402 mod.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default precisely!!!

I love the off ramps. perfect places to utilize the H sport. The composure of the car, even on the stock shoes is surprising. It handles closely to the way my A4 did with H&R's and Bilsteins!!! About applying power during the corner, it seems wrong to do, but this is the beauty of quattro. Earlier exits with more power, gives you way more speed down long straights.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Agree!

I just did mine and did my local twisty road at 10-15 mph faster with ease! The lean is gone and I tried both 402 and stock. Both were great and for those who do not want to do the 402 mod the sway bars alone are great. If I had to pick one mod this would be it.
More later as I drive it hard this weekend!
Ciao
Old 09-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: precisely!!!

The H-sports sound like a winner, and it sounds like they are adjustable. Where/how do you "set" them?

I confess that this is my first post on this board...so I have a few basic questions that are off-topic. Does anyone know the benefit of a cat-back exhaust and diverter valves w/o modifying the ECU (because my wife would kill me if I voided any part of the warranty on her car)? Any good short shift options to tighten up the 6-speed gearbox (as I don't really need a shorter throw...just a less sloppy throw)? Are there good 18" wheel options that don't require spacers? Or should I not be concerned...spacers are fine? And lastly, I just moved to Portland, OR -- any good shops for non-dealer service here?

Sorry to be so one-way. Thanks.