Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I doubt it's the shippers fault that the majority of the symptoms are about the same a year later.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slices in the tire sidewalls on the 19" wheels were the shippers fault, probably related to improper loading. Seems likely. Unfortunately I couldn't get anywhere with the shipper without ASP's corroboration.

However, I seriously doubt the shipper caused so many of the engine symptoms I recorded last year to be present again now.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Default I understand

I was kidding, of course.

With the oil consumption where it is, the car probably wouldn't run right even at stock levels. The majority of the detonation happens when making light adjustments at freeway cruising speeds, the same as it did a year ago. The longer you need to 'hold' the moderate increase in throttle (say going up a long hill or mountain pass) the worse the problem is. It has to be 'nursed' uphill with repeated momentary throttle applications to avoid detonation.

It's still burning oil about the same as it was a year ago too.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:31 PM

Default You might have to.

Lest you lose your 'signature fan club' to a new hero...
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 AM

Default from what I have read the car hasn't 'ran fine' since ASP worked on it...

based on the delivery last year and then again this year, both times with engine problems... I can't speak to the tires and can't blame ASP for those.

I have nothing against ASP and have always heard great things. Ridden a few of their S4s which were amazing.

My point is that this was more than just swapping turbos and flashing like many stage 3 cars. Since the budget of $50K was about 250% of a stage 3 build I am sure this was much more than the stage 3 cars ASP has put out regularly.

I didn't accuse ASP of anything... my point was that since this wasn't their standard stage 3 package it was far more involved and therefore a far bigger job. Since the job wasn't completed to Sarge's satisfaction and it took close to 2 years I don't think saying 'they bit off more than they could chew' was an unfair statement.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so that makes everything OK

****ty situation no doubt, and surely we dont have all the facts ... but no returned phone calls - whats the reasoning for that?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 AM

Default a post from a year ago....

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/220709.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/220709.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sarge isn't as "squeakey clean" as he's making himself out to be and I'm calling him out....
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Great, but why is he complaining? He stuck ASP with the bill...
Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 AM

Default maybe ASP (edited) should just be CALLING HIM.... instead of calling him out...

seems like it would make sense for both sides to resolve this issue instead of turning it into an on line pissing contest which in the end will probably hurt ASP for more than Sarge since he isn't hoping to sell anyone here his services (as far as I know at least).
Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 AM

Default I don't know enough about the situation to comment...

but if these were not the correct size why wouldn't Sarge AND ASP demand a refund?

I am sure there is alot more to this story, but in the end Sarge has a car that is not drivable.... is that the product you want people to think ASP delivers?

Quick Reply: Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.