Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that my "friend" I saw head west has not turned out so well for you
Old 12-05-2008, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<more vulture status> *gets in line for seats*
Old 12-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Default you clearly haven't been following this build.... top of the line no expense spared.. totally custom

if the build and tune had come out as planned this would have been a crazy high HP allroad.... stage 5+ type of ****.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Thanks for your compliment.

The total included the following parts and installation, but not the vehicle:

cryo-treating the gears and rebuilding the transmission
new rear LSD
new center 40/60 torsen
wider fender flares + paint
double disc racing clutch
F/R brake upgrades - 6 pot stoptech fronts
custom fueling: aux fuel pump, injectors, etc
GT28RS turbos
FMIC
aux oil cooling
3.0 forged crank
custom forged rods (1300 hp rating IIRC)
custom forged pistons
ported/polished 2.8L head
slight boring of the 2.7 block
custom MAF housing
full custom exhaust
snub mount
drivetrain stabilizer
3 custom ECU programs - 89, 93, and 104 octane
etc etc etc

As well as installation of my parts:
H-sport swaybars
short shift kit
19" RS4 wheels
etc etc

There's more I'm probably forgetting, but it's not a 'cheap' list. The mandate that it should be absolutely bullet proof, and at the expense of HP before dollars. In other words, a very well-engineered machine with longevity, reliability, and expansive capabilities. An 'RS+ allroad', essentially.

To that end, I've also got a full euro RS6 interior, RNSE, etc, etc in my basement, never installed.

I wouldn't say I've been 'ripped-off' because of the price (as you imply), but because after almost two years IT DOESN'T WORK.

ASP had some devoted fans and good reviews on high horsepower 2.7T cars, and had recently won the European Car 'S4 tuner challenge' when I contracted with them to go ahead with this project.

All that said, I am not a 'sucker'; You are merely ignorant.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM

I'm glad you chimed in as I was going to offer you up For 50k I bet you could have made it fly
Old 12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default figure stage III mods will cost you 20K in parts and labor, if they had worked properly, sarge's

would have had a good 50% more power than a well set up stage III car. lots of custom work, and interior and exterior mods too.

overall you couldnt come close to that level of power and nice finish on the car for less than 50k by buying anything else.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 PM

Thanks, friend :-)
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Is that a quote?

Maybe you'll get your shot... When I'm done licking my wounds, have forgotten lessons learned, and have suffered some form of traumatic brain injury.

I've sworn off this 'car thing'... (famous last words)
Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Joo can have the seats I just want the headliner :-P
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Default Well oil in the A/F mixture will cause detonation, the main reason for the oil control rings

not because oil consumption is bad, although it is not good, for the pocketbook. If you have NO oil leaks the oil control rings or valve seal/guides must be bad. If the compression rings were that bad, the blowby would cause so much pressure, oil would be squirting out of every seal and gasket, and yeah I've seen that happen. You're right mechanical something is amiss, prolonged serious detonation will kill pistons, by burning holes in them, crushing ring lands, and crushing skirts.

The CEL is indicating misfires under load, which in your case starts out at fairly light throttle, not good at all. Serious A/F, timing and or boost problems are clearly evident here. One problem with the allroad is it's not an S4, it weighs considerably more, and you must exercise caution when tuning, as more load increases the propensity to detonate. The aftermarket is full of one trick ponies, (not the problem here)endless promises, and overwhelming lack of accountability. I have ended my association with a well known tuning supplier, as I was not enthused with the product line lately, and not amused by the service and support available, from them. I received endless calls about, "I bought a tune from XYZ at waterfest, avantfest, ozzfest, my aunt tilley, and it doesn't run right". In fact, I no longer do any performance work, except on a VERY limited basis, due to loosing my *** on too many poorly engineered, poorly thought out, flat out badly made, and dangerous products, then being the one to sort it out, fix it, and make the customer happy, all on "MY" non billable time.

Dude if you were closer I'd take a look at it for free for you. I have fixed many a problem , or lent advise, to the allroad community, don't know if I could even do anything at this point, it sounds bad right from the git go.

Quick Reply: Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.