Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's in like Wyoming or somewhere, isn't like a 12 hour flight or something?? lol
Old 12-05-2008, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Heh heh you might as well and round out the collection. But the Jeep must be fun!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Default That was their reputation when I started this. Quite a letdown, this.

The problem here is more than just a bad product though.

People from all over the US have (mostly privately) shared how HORRIBLE the ASP customer service is. No return phone calls, no follow-up, no support, taking forever to finish, repeatedly botched jobs. This from vendors, tuners, customers - across the board.

In my kindest opinion, they might amount to a very good machine shop IF they hired a competent professional to manage them. They are, by the accounts I've heard and had, about as bad at service and support as anyone could possibly be.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 3 punctured tires is the least of your worries, but still, what the hell? Adding insult to injury.

Totally respect you for your restraint.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 PM

Default You know they got their start as a subcontractor for AWE. Then started producing

all the products they made for them, for their own distribution. They were condescendingly referred to as AutoGreed for a while
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Default DUDE!!!!! your car is listed in autospeeds pic gallery!!!! The pic is missing though.

I wonder if they are reconsidering whether they can use you for a reference??
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Default Some people believe there are no 'accidents'. They might be right.

The arrival condition certainly doesn't discredit that theory.

If I weren't exercising restraint, and I certainly am, it would only make matters worse.

It might be more therapeutic to 'act' like my 3.0T engine 'runs' - convulsing in fits of uncontrolled explosions - but, uncontrolled, I'd probably wind up on whatever they prescribe to Tourette's patients. I wonder what drug that is... I wonder how much I'd need per tank?

Hark! A solution!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Default ROTFL!!!

At the current rate, they will ponder the question another year and a half, only to conclude that our relationship is running perfectly!

Thank you for the laugh, I needed it!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Default It is loads of fun. Driving, camping, modifying -it's like a Lego car!

And as the saying goes, it's often 'more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow'. In the Jeep, reaching the speed limit is a 'thrill'!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry to hear Sarge, that is a huge dissapointment - people always looked up to you and your mods.

I'm really sorry to hear about your car and the experience; that is devastating news....literally!

What I don't understand is; what the heck happened? When ASP took your car for a ride to demo the tune she was running fine, no issues and as strong as an ox, even though you could only apply the throttle very moderate because of the rain, your car was spinning wheels on wet roads in 4th gear, no hick-ups, nada........

Damn and again.......this really sucks and I feel your pain; I hope you'll get it straightened out then drop in a 2.7 ASJ and be done with it.....anything you need help with - don't hesitate to shoot an email or call, seriously.

Quick Reply: Finally took a road trip. Verdict: My 3.0T Autospeed 'Beast' is HORRIBLE.