Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

getting ar back today -- dealer said it was my fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cup holders poor rating on JDPowers

I just filled out my new vehicle survey from JDPowers.

I gave the cupholder design under the "interior/convenience" sections a 1 out of 10 rating, where 1 is extremely poor.

That dashboard cup holder is like a springboard that multiplies every bump and crack in the road. Not to mention the effects of liquids going into the dash controls and the 12V power socket directly below on the console. (Stupid!)

The one in the center armrest stinks, as neither the driver or passenger can't rest elbows when in use.

And the one for the rear seats are just begging my kids to step on them and snap them off.

Maybe they could move the e-brake forward out of the way and put in proper console-based cupholder for front and rear. Or beefier arm rest with flip-OUT cupholder.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Just Order these cause Audi's stink

You will need to confirm your model year prior to ordering.<ul><li><a href="http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/modelstatus.html">http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/modelstatus.html</a</li></ul>
Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Just Order these cause Audi's stink

I have a pair. One in my BMW 528i, the other in my AR. When we road trip, the one in the car that's not coming along gets moved to the car we're taking. Nothing permanent, they hold EVERYTHING, big AND small, and so far they have been indestructable. I also like that if anything ever does spill (thanks to spotty oik who didn't put the lid on my large soda correctly), it spills on the floor mat, not on your adjustable suspension buttons or your pants.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree with Kimer...

What I don't understand is why they don't smooch a little butt now and again instead of pissing all of us off all the time! I'll agree that this group has set the bar a little higher than most, but not unfairly so, considering we're talking about cars that are all priced north of the $40k barrier.

My dealer insisted on replacing the entire door interior because the wood trim didn't line up. Naturally, this did not cure the alignment problem because there was something inside the door causing the problem. And then they want to nail you for a design issue???? It seems to me that they'd be better served by saying "Somehow, liquid entered the switch and seems to have caused a problem." YOU know it's because of your double latte habit and you'll be more careful next time. But christ, get into a pissing match over a $100 part? Why? It's certainly not winning any of us over.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:10 AM

Default YES! I concur - another story I'd forgotten about...

... the cupholders in the rearseat (another pathetic design...), one of my kids broke one off (go figure).

At my 30K service, they asked me if there were any issues with the car, and I said "well, yes, one of the rear cupholders broke off."

No questions asked, the thing was replaced. And did they charge me for it? No. And no, I wasn't wearing my spandex tank top either....

That's the way it should be. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE, and REPEAT CUSTOMERS.

By the way... the dealership I'll buy my next Audi from, if I chose Audi, will definitely be THAT dealership. Go figure.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Re: getting ar back today -- dealer said it was my fault

A guy at work just had a $1000 auto trans controller replaced at his cost on his Mercedes SLK. He spilt coffee that was in his cupholder, evidently a common problem on that model. So I guess it could be worse...
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I still don't understand how warranty fixes are handled

At my dealership, I could swear that they are being paid big money by mother Audi whenever they do warranty work. It's like they look for things that are wrong with my car, little things like aluminum trim being slightly pitted, or one of the radio LEDs not working, and then insist on fixing them under warranty. I always feel a little guilty at first, like I'm accepting a bribe or something, but I always come to my senses and so far the cars are looking and running just like new. They're also very friendly about performance mods, and have told me straight up that my ECU upgrade on the S8 will not void any part of the engine warranty, except the actual upgraded chip--if that goes bad, they won't replace it.

That's the way a dealer should treat you. In my case it's sure working: we've bought 2 cars from them so far, and are seriously looking at a new allroad now.

Then I hear about people being charged for little crap that goes wrong, or being blamed for things that honestly should be fixed under warranty. Are these other dealers not being reimbursed by mother Audi for the warranty work they do? Why would they turn away business AND do something to make past and potential future customers hate them? I don't get it.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

spandex...hmm I didnt try that. Tho somehow I dont think it would work in my case