Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Help me find the dongle to convert 13 to 4 pin connection for Euro trailer hitch

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been dealing with Eurohitch for 2 months on this issue. To make a long story short, they don't have the "dongle" and they don't seem to comprehend what is required to get the job done. I was eventually sent a 13pin plug with screw terminals on the back (the plug you would find on the EU trailer) so I could wire my own adapter. I tried doing so with a powered taillight converter (available at any auto parts/wal-mart type store) I could not get the system to work correctly.

My next step is to unplug the factory wiring & just splice in the converter directly. Those that talk about going to U-Haul this is the way they do it. Not clean & will not disable the Parktronic. But it will operate the lights on the trailer.

I am heading down the road of pcasa, I may dump the car just because of the towing situation. Also there is no need to buy the bumper insert for North American cars, it's already there, it just needs new holes drilled in it. Trust me, I just did it.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't edit on this wonderful new site so heres another post.

I should mention that my car is a 2001 so I had to add the complete wiring harness. Those of you with pre-wired cars may have more success? Get a female 13 pin plug (EU ebay) or Eurohitch (last resort for me) then buy a Powered Taillight Converter & wire it to the screw terminals on the female 13 pin. Like I say it did not work for me, but maybe there is something different in the pre wired NA cars that will allow it to work.

Good Luck.