Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Hey Skitown, could this be the problem you're having with your allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Skitown, could this be the problem you're having with your allroad?

You might want to try it if you haven't already...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/125385.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/125385.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 03-03-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Thanks for the suggestion. I saw the post too. Unfortunately, I don't think so. The wobble seems to

have something to do with the TCM, since it changed when they replaced it. But that's only one of the problems.

I have been pursuing getting the car replaced with an '02, and I think we (Audi, the dealer and I) have worked something out. It hasn't been finalized yet. I'll update as soon as it is.

I don't remember, did you follow up on the new TCM?

Thanks again for your suggestion.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes, TCM was replaced two weeks ago...so far, so good...

I was waiting awhile to see if the wobble came back before I posted, but thus far it is completely gone. With the cold weather it has always been fairly easy to induce the wobble to occur, but not so since the swap. It also helped some with the throttle response from a standing start, and has eliminated the "kick" when the transmission re-engages after a turn or rolling stop. All-in-all I now have the car I should have had from the beginning, and am quite pleased...just hoping it stays that way! How long was it before your wobble returned after the TCM was replaced?

Now I just need some decent tires, as I have some uneven wear on the outer edges that I fear will bring an early demise to my Goodyears. They still have a lot of tread, but the noise they're starting to make isn't too great. They had been in the rear for 10,000 miles, but now have been rotated to the front and are much noisier there. Is that what your tires did? I remember you said you had premature wear which you thought was associated with the wobble.

Glad to hear that Audi is working to get you an '02...that's great news. Hopefully you can put all this behind you very soon.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:02 AM

Default Glade to hear of your success. If I remember correctly, the wobble came back after about 10 days.

I don't recall any unusual noise with the tires. The Goodyears wore out in about 10K. And the S-O3's in about 7K. I spoke harshly of the Goodyears wearing out so fast, in hind sight I placed the blame unjustly with them. The service people think it was a result of the wobble. But I would still rather have the S-O3's, they're a better tire all the way around. My only complaint is that they react more noticably to grooved concrete on Interstates. But I have to travel a bit to drive on that type of surface, and not very frequently at that. You might consider them.

I am hoping to have all of these problems behind me very soon. I just hope Audi doesn't disappoint the second time.