Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

If you're tired of brake dust on your wheels......

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you're tired of brake dust on your wheels......

.......go to the link below and look in particular at their Green Pad.

This is what they say........
EBC V4 Greenstuff

Triple Max Power Award winning Greenstuff are the ultimate performance/fast street brake pads you can get for your hot hatch or sport compact. These pads have a high friction coefficient, great initial bite from cold, right up to a blistering 650 degrees centigrade. Greenstuff pads are great for street use and are used by many competition drivers on lighter saloon cars. Another major benefit of the Greenstuff compound is its award winning feature of being LOW DUST. Being awarded the UK magazines Autotrade Innovation Award for its low dust features, Greenstuff pads cut down between 60-90% of the dust common with most competitive types of semi-metallic pad on your alloys keeping wheels cleaner and delivering performance at the same time. Greenstuff pads are available for a huge range of cars, SUV's, light trucks and mini vans.

....They seem to be highly recommended by my monthly AUDI DRIVER mag.

Best wishes.<ul><li><a href="http://www.ebcbrakesuk.com/Automotive.html">EBC brakes UK</a></li></ul>
Old 12-16-2002, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not that I am knocking EBC pads because I never tried 'em, but

it seems like Mintex has a more proven product from my perspective. The Mintex Red Box pads are ideal for street use for enthusiasts. They have no negative attributes like some 'performance' pads, yet offer better pedal feel and drastically reduced brake dust.

I just installed my second set of them all around on my Corrado. Great pads for agressive street and/or light track use.

I'm convinced that any pad would reduce the dust compared to the OEM soot blowers.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had these on my TT, less dust yes, but they also warped my rotors...

others have had the rotor issue too.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How would you know that the pads caused the warping?

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but how do you know? It seems that Audi OEM rotors are crap regardless of pads. I'm on my 3rd set of 4 at 50,000 miles.

The rotors on my Corrado (Brembo brand OEM size) are fine after two sets of Mintex Red Box pads.

I used the think that wheel lug torque was a huge factor in the propensity of rotors to warp. I know it is a factor, but read the link to learn more.<ul><li><a href="http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm">Rotor Myths</a></li></ul>