Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Importing the '13 Allroad to the US

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing the '13 Allroad to the US

Its looking like this will finally be the year I buy my Audi wagon and I'm both excited and dismayed. I'm dismayed that it seems like not only is Audi doing away with wagons in general but you can't get V6 in anything, on the otherhand the A4 Allroad looks like it could fit the bill. My remaining concern is the potential lack of engine options in the US which seems to effect the entire Audi line.

I really like the sound of the 3.0TDI option available on the German versions and I'm interested in the possibility of importing an Audi from Germany to the US (California). I know there are issues importing models that don't exist in the US but if the A4 Allroad is already in the US will it be difficult to import the same car just with a different engine and options?

Will the price be more or less overall considering taxes and shipping?

Looking at audi.de how can I figure out what the potential purchase price will be, are the prices shown in euros the actual price I would expect to pay?

Thanks!
Sam
Old 03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShizamCA
Its looking like this will finally be the year I buy my Audi wagon and I'm both excited and dismayed. I'm dismayed that it seems like not only is Audi doing away with wagons in general but you can't get V6 in anything, on the otherhand the A4 Allroad looks like it could fit the bill. My remaining concern is the potential lack of engine options in the US which seems to effect the entire Audi line.

I really like the sound of the 3.0TDI option available on the German versions and I'm interested in the possibility of importing an Audi from Germany to the US (California). I know there are issues importing models that don't exist in the US but if the A4 Allroad is already in the US will it be difficult to import the same car just with a different engine and options?

Will the price be more or less overall considering taxes and shipping?

Looking at audi.de how can I figure out what the potential purchase price will be, are the prices shown in euros the actual price I would expect to pay?

Thanks!
Sam
You're going to spend a ton of money trying to get a TDI Allroad. Plus the EU TDI is not the same, so the emissions will not be legal. TDI will not be in the A4s until the B9 platform AFAIK.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thats disappointing.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably not even possible and even if it was it would be pricey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_im...#United_States