Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Installing 3M DINOC carbon kit to interior.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing 3M DINOC carbon kit to interior.

Install is relatively easy and straightforward. The product looks and feels very realistic and makes the inside of the allroad much sportier. What do you think?
Attached Images      
Old 01-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

lol i did the same thing a while back looks good
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cool

Originally Posted by rlzx
lol i did the same thing a while back looks good
Did you use the 3M DINOC also? I cannot believe how nice it looks and how real it feels once installed. I have used overlay kits on other cars, but the fact that this film conforms really makes it look very nice and realistic. I would say that most people that would think that this was a factory carbon kit if they did not know what I did.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice looking install. Where did you buy this? Is it a kit or a roll that you need to trim to size for all the pieces you want covered in the film.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It comes in a roll and is made by 3M

Originally Posted by joeyvaz
Very nice looking install. Where did you buy this? Is it a kit or a roll that you need to trim to size for all the pieces you want covered in the film.
It comes in a roll that you need to trim to size and install. You want to remove any of the pieces that you can as that makes for an easier install. It installs without water like a thick vinyl. You use some heat from a heat gun / hair dryer to stretch it to conform where needed. The end result is very authentic looking.

As far as where to get it, a 3M window film dealer that would tint your car should be able to get this for you. It is called 3M DINOC Black Carbon. It is exterior weather-able also and I have seen people do exterior wings, hoods, fenders etc. with good results.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much do you think you used? I see that it comes in different roll lengths. Looks awesome!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Amount used

Originally Posted by jibmaster1
How much do you think you used? I see that it comes in different roll lengths. Looks awesome!
I actually used very little material.I think the roll was 50" wide and I used about 3 lineal feet of that for everything. So, roughly 12 sq. ft and that included waste and re-doing some pieces again. I would say no matter what your cost of materials should be less that $50.00.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You did a very nice job with yours......

This stuff is big with MINI Cooper owners too....
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One more thing to ask you: Does all the wood trim accent panels remove in a similar way as the center piece? (the one that surrounds the cup holder/suspension buttons, etc.) I know from experience that it takes some very careful 'prying' to have removed that one! I think I remember that the tabs broke off easily as well. Thanks! Can't wait to do it to my interior.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes and no

Originally Posted by jibmaster1
One more thing to ask you: Does all the wood trim accent panels remove in a similar way as the center piece? (the one that surrounds the cup holder/suspension buttons, etc.) I know from experience that it takes some very careful 'prying' to have removed that one! I think I remember that the tabs broke off easily as well. Thanks! Can't wait to do it to my interior.
Some of the panels pop off like the shifter surround, ashtray cover and the three by the ebrake. For the trim on the doors and above the glovebox I installed the DINOC with the panels in place.