Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Last Warranty Visit At 50k (long)...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Warranty Visit At 50k (long)...

Just had my last warranty visit at 50k. A few items were taken care of that I thought I'd list off just in case someone else meets up with these issues.

1) Front rotors and pads replaced due to high speed braking vibration - All four rotors had previously been replaced at 30k

2) Rear passenger speaker replaced due to intermittent crackling.

3) Driver side "window lock" switch replaced. This was a wierd one. The drivers side controls could open and close all windows. The front passenger window worked fine. The "window lock" kept the front passenger side window controls from lowering the window. That's all normal. Now the strange part - the rear window controls (the controls in the rear) would not work regardless of the driver side "window lock". Seemed strange that both rear switches would go at the same time. Turned out to be a faulty "window lock" switch.

Overall, my dealership has been a pleasure to work with, and the service department has gone out of their way to keep me happy.

Previous warranty items:

At Delivery:

Replaced instrument cluster due to faulty trip computer display.

Replaced instrument cluster II due to faulty trip mileage display (would not advance past 0.0).

Later warranty work:

Replaced rear window weather stripping that had torn and would not let window close properly (15k).

Steering Wheel TIP buttons started to malfunction at 15k miles - Steering wheel and control module replaced (32k)(did not fix the problem) - Faulty A-to-D module replaced at 40k, fixed the problem

Replaced all four rotors due to high speed braking vibration (30k).

Replaced TCM to fix 45 MPH wobble (40k).

Replaced battery due to faulty cell (42k).

Xenon headlights adjusted up to maximum spec height (48k).

<b>2001 allroad, TIP, Alpaka Beige all options except rear side airbags, nav, and third row seat</b>
Old 10-18-2002, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Last Warranty Visit At 50k (long)...

Anyone else have this problem? One day before 3-year warrantee expired, brought car to Tischer Audi for 40k checkup. No problems noted. 3 weeks later, getting a flat repaired, my wife was told the brakes were so worn that discs were badly scored. She took car to our regular (non-Audi) mechanic, in whom we have confidence, who confirmed and replaced for $900+. Tisher will not cover any part because replacement not done by their service people, who have demonstrated that they are either crooks or incompetents. Audi of America backs Tischer. 40k is a reasonable brake wear replacement point, I think Tischer screwed me by not detecting this. Audi of America backs them up. I recommend avoiding Audi service.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I think this guy is full of it! See this link!

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/197588.phtml">whiner!</a></li></ul>