Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Lean Codes Bank 1 and Bank 2 - Brake Booster

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lean Codes Bank 1 and Bank 2 - Brake Booster

Hello kind fellow Allroad lovers- and loathers.
My 2005 Allroad 4.2L is currently throwing Lean Bank 1 and Bank 2 codes, associated with a Brake Booster Vacuum Mechanical failure code.
When the check engine light comes on, the car runs rough and seems to sometimes lag or hiccup when I am at quarter to half throttle.
I have checked for leaks by spraying brake cleaner (non-chlorinated) onto the vacuum tube fittings running to the brake booster, no change in idle. Is there a vacuum leak under load?
I also cleaned my MAF, with MAF cleaner, but have noticed my intake filter box missing 2 rear clips.
I just got this car a month ago, and am trying to register it, but when I try to drive it to set "Readiness" for smog, the code comes back within 50 - 100 miles or so. Everything sets ready except for Catalyst.

Also, I am getting my ABS, ESP, and TRACT lights on every time I go over 22mph... I got a replacement ABS module and pump I am going to try and replace, and see if the codes come back.
I am also getting the yellow circle warning in the LCD screen, with a beep. Brake pads worn? or could it be a brake pad sensor unplugged? I gotta get under it... I wonder if the previous owner did a pad slap, for either the front or rears, and overfilled the brake master cylinder, and also could the ABS, ESP, TRACT lights be associated with not doing a proper bleed? What is the procedure for Allroads? Traditional bleed? Then ABS pump through VAG COM bleed? or is it the other way around? Also, do I bleed the brakes from corner furthest away from master cylinder first?

Good news is that I have all the front suspension control arms to replace, and sway bar links. I had to order special lower control arms "Straights" for the 2005 model. Not the same part number as my 2001 Allroad 2.7t 6spd.

I guess this is what happens when you buy someone's "No Love" Allroad... that had been on Cragslist for 2 months, and you only lowball him 400 off his asking price... I love my Allroads, but don't love the problems they come with, when they've been neglected. It took quite a bit of time and money just to get my 01 2.7t to a "certain level" before the timing belt went, now my "for now" car is proving to be a money pit as well... lol, should have only stuck with 1 Allroad...

Any advice on the codes and where to start?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dudes.... please... help me....