Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

living in the suburbs sometimes really sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default living in the suburbs sometimes really sucks

well, just thought I'd vent a little....

My brand new '03 burgundy 6 spd, loaded. This evening was really nice in the Northern VA area - washed my new baby, went down to the store to get some take out and fill her up with gas - coming home, and within a split second, deer pops out into the road...didn't even have time to hit the brakes....

So now, my entire front end is crunched - the hood has a huge dent, the grill is crushed, the left fender dented, drivers door dented, won't open b/c the fender is pushed back - headlight cluster crushed. In all, I'd say a good 6k worth of damage by one now dead deer. And I don't feel good about that fact either.

Car has 1400 miles on it, and it will never be the same

Thanks for listending, ya'll
Old 05-13-2003, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

major bummer, glad you're ok.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:57 AM

Default Re: living in the suburbs sometimes really sucks

I am sorry for you. Can understand your feelings. My ar has 2000 miles on it, hope I will not have the same experience. Anyway, no deer here in Italy on the streets (normally).
Why not put a picture of your damaged ar on the forum? I am sure some psychologists would say it helps you to overcome this sad experience. Why feel bad? Probably because it is not your fault, but the poor animal's neither ..
Old 05-14-2003, 04:00 AM

Good thing you are OK
Old 05-14-2003, 05:23 AM

Default yep - I'm lucky..esp looking at the amount of damage that happened - feel awful about the deer too

considering they've lived here a helluva lot longer than I have - one of those unfortunate intersections with nature where it's really nobody's fault
Old 05-14-2003, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So sorry to hear that.

did you at least get the backstrap and some cutlets?

I know how I reacted when someone else damaged my allroad. Just crestfallen. It will get put back together and more than likely you'll never be able to tell the difference.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Very sad! The baby is not even broken in! Find the best body shop in town...........

or out of town. They will make it like new again.
If it makes you feel better post the pics. It will be good for the soul!
Ciao
Old 05-14-2003, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Look for the bright side, Now you can try some paint mods.?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: living in the suburbs sometimes really sucks

Sorry to hear about that, I can relate at least to the extent that our new AR with less than 100 miles took a nice big scratch while sitting in the garage.

I live in Ashburn, where are you? I see deer at night all the time on a road heading towards Leesburg.

Wagonworks in Alexandria is a great place for repairs.

03 AR
Old 05-14-2003, 11:12 AM

Default INSURANCE ADVICE: It happened to me a few years back

Way back in '89 I swerved to miss a deer and hit another deer while going aproximately 45mph that jumped out of the weeds on the side of the road and slammed the front left corner of the car (dad's '72 Mercedes 450 SEL). I never saw the deer that hit the car, other than small bits of it. By the time I got pulled over (a few seconds, I was already on the brakes for the first deer) the radiator was empty. Well, I was in the middle of Wyoming and had to walk 10 miles in pitch black to find a phone...

Anyway, we had comprensive insurance and when the adjuster came to look at it he said it was fully covered because the dents on the SIDE of the fender and DOOR proved the deer hit ME, (was moving toward me). Well we sure didn't argue! So basically we got a new paint job, lots of body work and even a new AC compressor (damadged) for $500 deductable.

Dad's still got that car and STILL won't let me touch it, let alone drive it. Geeze, even the insurance guy didn't think it was my fault. Dam that was a fun car!

What I'm trying to say, is to try to let your adjustor know the deer hit you...

good luck!

Quick Reply: living in the suburbs sometimes really sucks