Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Looking at purchasing an allroad...how fast should the suspension raise/lower?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at purchasing an allroad...how fast should the suspension raise/lower?

First time posting, I didn't see any other threads that mentioned how quickly the suspension should raise or lower from one setting to the next. Is there a good way to test the suspension of the allroads that I look at by timing how fast it goes from 1 to 4 maybe?? Being that I've never owned one before I don't have any kind of experience or baseline to compare the cars that I'm looking at against....

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XjLNVzrWbok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does the speed in this video look about right?? It looks like around 15 seconds from level 1 to 2, 30 seconds from 2 to 3 and 40 seconds from 3 to 4.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks okay. I wouldn't be worried about how long it takes to go up and down. what you want to be looking at worrying about is, if it stays at each particular level overnight. Basically if there aren't any holes or air leaks in the system.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Obviously that would be a little hard to check though if I'm just looking at buying one since I don't have the car day after day...first thing I do check when I look at a new car is whether the car/engine is cold and whether all 4 corners are sitting level. Maybe that's the best I can really do and I just won't know until I've had the car for a while whether there are any leaks.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bluenellie
Obviously that would be a little hard to check though if I'm just looking at buying one since I don't have the car day after day...first thing I do check when I look at a new car is whether the car/engine is cold and whether all 4 corners are sitting level. Maybe that's the best I can really do and I just won't know until I've had the car for a while whether there are any leaks.
Anyone of your friends or people you know have a Vag Com, that you could bring to the allroad (s), that way you know for sure if the vehicle (s)checks out. But yeah, that makes sense besides, as long as the car is not throwing any codes and its running fine, you could always upgrade your suspension woes (If any), to Arnott bags or 2bennette suspension package.