Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Loyal Audi owner considering Tradiing up to Allroad need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyal Audi owner considering Tradiing up to Allroad need advice

I currently have 2 Audi wagons, my 2001 S4 Avant and the wife's 99 A4 Avant. I am considering trading her car in for a 2002 Allroad or a preowned 2001 Allroad. After seeing the negative comments on this forum, I don't want to touch a used 2001 Allroad with a 10' pole. I am considering leasing first to try out the relationship with a 2002 allroad instead of buying. The other decision dilemma is whether to buy a 2002 model off the dealer lot or order a 2003 model. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:18 PM

Default Not sure if this helps...

but I still love my 2002 allroad (purchased in October of 2001). The only thing that I could imagine being happier with is the S6 Avant, but I can't afford that car so I try not to think about it. ;-)

As for your decision, if you can wait I would think that waiting for the 2003 models would be your best bet. Not only would it make it much more likely that you'd find a good deal on a 2002, but if rumors are true, the 2003 allroad in 2.7T trim may see a bit of a price drop (though it will almost certainly see a drop in included options as well).

My 2 cents, good luck!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please don't let the recent posts regarding problems deter you... they are definitely...

the minority. There are MANY MANY 2001 owners on here that are very happy, me included. The one problem I have is with tranny lag, but that is common in ALL tiptronic cars, including A6, allroad and even the S6. I complain cuz I'm on the forums and a bit overcritical... but don't get me wrong... I LOVE MY ALLROAD.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:05 AM

Default Fourteen months and 20K miles later...

I sure do love my allroad. Go for it.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:51 AM

Default ...love my allroad

10 weeks, 5k miles. Only problem was the bad suspension pump (fixed IMMEDIATELY by the dealer). I don't think that the '03 will be much less expensive. They'll probably make a lot less equipment standard in order to lower the base price. My guess is that a fully equiped "03 ar will be around the same price as it is now.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Me too! ....

After 10months/10K miles, the only thing that needed fixing was something I broke (power outlet) and the dealer did it for free, even though I pointed out that I should pay for it!
Old 06-06-2002, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I would not worry about 2001s.

If you hang out on the S4 board, all you hear is about problems. You get a bit of that here too but that is part of what these boards are about.

I have a 2001 with just over 12k miles with no serious issues. You can probably score a good deal on a 2001 and if it is still under warranty, why worry?
Old 06-06-2002, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Loyal Audi owner considering Tradiing up to Allroad need advice

It seems that '01 allroads suffered from new-model build & engineering bugs and that they have been corrected, except for the automatic transmission lag, in '02 ar's. But, if you can find a '01 you like at a great price, go for it. As for an '03 vs '02, it all depends on the deal you can get. The vehicles should be similar in reliability. IMHO.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'd been thinking about posting something positive around here for a change...

so this is a good opportunity. All this negative talk has kind of bummed me out lately... But I'm also very pleased with my 2001 after 22.5k miles. My wobble was fixed with the new TCM, and zero problems otherwise. Yes, the delay in acceleration is annoying, but if you really need to get going, use the Tip. Hopefully Audi will solve that problem and I'll have the "perfect" car.

But as is, this car makes me smile almost every day, and is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the crappy Outback it replaced. For example, just yesterday I was getting on the highway, and I could tell the car behind me was annoyed that a lowly station wagon was in front and impeding his progress. (I was taking it easy because the engine was still cold.) So he decided he was going to pass me as soon as we cleared the ramp...or at least that's what he thought. He quickly moved out to the left lane, and started to try. I just kept upping the ante on the speed, watching him wonder why he wasn't overtaking me. He finally gave up and dropped off, with I'm sure a new perspective on this particular 'station wagon'.

Things like this make owning an allroad worth every extra penny I paid for it. Get one...you won't regret it.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:37 AM

6000 miles, no problems, love this car (02)

Quick Reply: Loyal Audi owner considering Tradiing up to Allroad need advice