Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Market for Allroads

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AR is one of the most dependable vehicles.It got more sporty features and a four-wheel drive.It sports a striking muscular body with under body protection at the front and rear,extended wheel arches and tough and bigger bumpers.Its design is perfect for its off-road functions and will definitely set your mood for any adventure.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ohmess
I have a 2004 allroad I need to part with and I'd like some thoughts from the gurus here. I don't see a lot of these on the market and I don't know why.
If its a 6-speed, I'd be interested in more details..

Originally Posted by incrementalg
I had my 2003 on the market for a couple of months and I recently decided to keep it for the time being. I became tired of the tire kickers, a holes and lowballers who were calling constantly, but offering me $8k or $9k for a near immaculate '03 with 54k.
If its a 6-speed, and you decide you want to sell again, I'd be interested in details..
Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love my Audi, but the G8 is just one sexy car! I had a Pontiac before the Audi and it was a great car, just needed to upgrade to a four door for the kiddo!

The G8 does remind me of a BMW 5 series though. It seems the big 3 are taking way to many styling cues from European autos these days.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

We paid $6350 for our '01 AR 6 speed with 112K. Granted it needed some TLC because of a poor DIYer, but even after putting $1200 into it, I still feel like we walked away with a good deal.

One thing I learned while searching daily for allroads last summer is that these cars vary significantly in price. It wasn't uncommon to see early year, similar mileage AR to be listed with a $4-6K difference. Not sure what drives such substantial differences, but it's there.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

2004 60kmiles 2.7 twin tip. 13600. in march. Super clean and frewsh, not a scratch, really fresh.
But both front shocks went in summer and had to pay extra K for gen2s, which just arrived. plus $300 for cv boots, oil. And thats it for now
Old 12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DOALLAR
Aside from a few cars having high mileage. Why are so many of you parting with the AR? Honestly, there are few cars I would replace the AR with. Just my thoughts.
On paper the allroad is the perfect car for my family. In reality it falls short. It really is a giant failure. When it works its great but how many cars out there can you almost guarantee on multiple major component failure? Air suspension, turbos, torque converter, transmission, the odds are high that these will fail, each component is thousands of dollars. And a lot of the time these failures are under 100k miles, that's insanity. Seats are the least comfortable of any Audi I have owned, it gets the worst fuel mileage of any Audi I have owned. The modern quattro system no longer works for my needs, with the elimination of true locking rear diff. and overly intrusive ESP the modern quattro is only for wet roads or plowed snowy roads. If there is any depth or wetness to the snow, forget it. I realize this is a board of allroad enthusiasts, don't take this personally I'm not going to debate why the car is good or bad, this is just my opinion because the question was asked of why people are selling and this is my reason(s)
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamesm0913
I love my Audi, but the G8 is just one sexy car! I had a Pontiac before the Audi and it was a great car, just needed to upgrade to a four door for the kiddo!

The G8 does remind me of a BMW 5 series though. It seems the big 3 are taking way to many styling cues from European autos these days.
I 2nd that....the G8 GXP is awesome!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by samm
On paper the allroad is the perfect car for my family. In reality it falls short. It really is a giant failure. When it works its great but how many cars out there can you almost guarantee on multiple major component failure? Air suspension, turbos, torque converter, transmission, the odds are high that these will fail, each component is thousands of dollars. And a lot of the time these failures are under 100k miles, that's insanity. Seats are the least comfortable of any Audi I have owned, it gets the worst fuel mileage of any Audi I have owned. The modern quattro system no longer works for my needs, with the elimination of true locking rear diff. and overly intrusive ESP the modern quattro is only for wet roads or plowed snowy roads. If there is any depth or wetness to the snow, forget it. I realize this is a board of allroad enthusiasts, don't take this personally I'm not going to debate why the car is good or bad, this is just my opinion because the question was asked of why people are selling and this is my reason(s)
As some one looking for an allroad, that is quite a depressing read..
Old 12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sorry for your misfortune

Originally Posted by samm
I am a complete believer in maintenance. Take care of the small stuff and it should be fine. Now obviously we are not driving Camry's. It sounds like you would love one. There are the obvious warts on this car but I still have no clue what I would replace mine with.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

just pulled the plug on an 01 Black 6MT 2.7T with 36.6k miles for $8600 in great condition. definitely not regretting selling the auto/tip one i owned up until last week, as the manual is a major improvement from... much smoother, nimble, & responsive! WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO00!!!!

Quick Reply: Market for Allroads