Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Market for Allroads

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4xfar
If its a 6-speed, I'd be interested in more details..

If its a 6-speed, and you decide you want to sell again, I'd be interested in details..
Mine is a tip...couldn't find a manual and this one pretty much beckoned me...lol. Good luck in the search. I'm in the Boston area, so if you see something in this area, I may be able to swing by and give it a look for you.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I took the long way to work one day on the highway and noticed a black G8 GXP a few cars ahead of me. All that week, I took the long way and he was there every day. Maybe I'll catch up to him and see if he's interested in taking a run at me and see what that car has...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ertatta
just pulled the plug on an 01 Black 6MT 2.7T with 36.6k miles for $8600 in great condition. definitely not regretting selling the auto/tip one i owned up until last week, as the manual is a major improvement from... much smoother, nimble, & responsive! WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO00!!!!
That's a stellar find. Congrats. Wish I could have beat you to it. ;-)

Originally Posted by samm
On paper the allroad is the perfect car for my family. In reality it falls short. It really is a giant failure. When it works its great but how many cars out there can you almost guarantee on multiple major component failure? Air suspension, turbos, torque converter, transmission, the odds are high that these will fail, each component is thousands of dollars. And a lot of the time these failures are under 100k miles, that's insanity. Seats are the least comfortable of any Audi I have owned, it gets the worst fuel mileage of any Audi I have owned. The modern quattro system no longer works for my needs, with the elimination of true locking rear diff. and overly intrusive ESP the modern quattro is only for wet roads or plowed snowy roads. If there is any depth or wetness to the snow, forget it. I realize this is a board of allroad enthusiasts, don't take this personally I'm not going to debate why the car is good or bad, this is just my opinion because the question was asked of why people are selling and this is my reason(s)
All cars have their pros and cons. I've owned three Toyotas and while reliable, they are challenging to find parts for since their parts are listed by description, not part number like Audi's are. Well, maybe Toyota parts are numbered, but that numbering scheme isn't readily available and isn't how parts are listed online and at dealerships. Do you have any idea how challenging is it to find a "charcoal canister/vapor canister/vapor box/evap canister/evap box/evaporation canister/evaporation box/you get the picture" for a 1996-2001 4Runner/Tacoma? If I need something for the Audi, I type in the part number and click "buy."

Plus, diagnosing issues on an Audi is far less complicated since you aren't dependent on generic P-codes that indicate system failures. With an Audi, you can actually read the specific components in the system that detected the failure.

Finally, there is a huge user base and knowledge base for Audi's. Most cars have some kind of following, but with an Audi, chances are if you have a problem with your car, 400 people have already experienced the same issue and there are 200 threads and three DIY's explaining how to fix it. This isn't even considering the Bentley manual.

So yeah, the AR has its dark side, but given Audi's qualities over other cars I've owned, that dark side gets a whole light brighter. Like hockeypuck said, if I do become fed up with my AR, I have no idea what I would replace the car with.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ertatta
just pulled the plug on an 01 Black 6MT 2.7T with 36.6k miles for $8600 in great condition. definitely not regretting selling the auto/tip one i owned up until last week, as the manual is a major improvement from... much smoother, nimble, & responsive! WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO00!!!!
sorry, but i obviously meant "pulled the trigger"! owned the car for 3 days now, and the words that keep coming to mind, are more nimble and lighter in regards to my former auto/tip AR. the only disappointment, is that it doesn't seem the heating element in the steering wheel works... the seats do though!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I put my 03 on Craigslist last week and sold it the next day. $10,000 for a very very nice 03 tip w/76. Great deal for everyone involved.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone in SF Bay Area looking to sell? I have an 2001 S4 with 88K that with another little one on the way is a bit too small for the family.

If you know of a good place to look as well, please email me.

Thanks