Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

MFSW Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MFSW Retrofit

Hi Im doing a retrofit from (3 spoke sport tip stearing wheel) to (4 spoke mfsw + tip). I have followed the pdf file by Bob Hawtin from the nsjx homepage and installed the 618 module + all wiring + new wheel. But i can't get the the wheel to light up and work. When I use the vagcom from rosstech I find the 618 module and are able to program it. And when I use the test function I am able to change songs, etc on the rns-e so the module works. Does any one know what could be the problem that does that the wheel not light up and work? I have re-checked the wiring and can't find out whats wrong. I have even swapped the internal mfsw module with another but it did not work.

I have a Audi allroad 2004 with
1J0 959 654m slipring
618 mfsw module

The only wiring I'm not shore about is the one in the red circle in the middle of the attached picture. I could not find any wiring diagram about it. And not order the cable seperately so I did my own. The only thing I know is that the cable to it comes from the th5/2 and th5/3 slipring connector inside the wheel. The th5/2 is 12+ and th5/3 is connected to ground. I connected 12+ to the top pin and the ground to the 2nd pin. Is this right or wrong? Should nothing be connected to the 3rd pin?

Thanks
Henrik
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I seem to be at a similar place as you were. Did you solve it?

Generally I found that if the wiring in the MFSW is done correctly, the 618 module has no DTC's, if you disconnect the steering wheel internal controller, or mess up the wiring, it reports No communication.

Test function also works for me, so I know that the 618 is correctly wired and all.

Currently I believe, that until I will code the 618 correctly, it will not detect the MFSW correctly (there are a few variations).

My wheel's internal controller is slightly different (with no heating support). This part seems to also work, since it is generating some binary gibberish (seen with an oscilloscope).
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I seem to be at a similar place as you were. Did you solve it?

Hi. No I did not solve it. I put the whole thing on ice but I would be really happy if we could solve it together.

I have double checked the the wiring and everything looks ok. I also think it is the programing of the 618 that will solve the problem. What different coding variations have you tried?