Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Minor rant- JE control arm recall reimbursement and AoA demands....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minor rant- JE control arm recall reimbursement and AoA demands....

Audi not too long ago announced it's JE recall for A6 lower control arms. As part of the campaign, Audi was offering to reimburse anyone who had paid for the control arm replacement.

Well, I'd paid to have control arms replaced on my old '98 A6 ($1,021) so I gave our "friends" at AoA Customer Relations a call. They're happy to reimburse me for the expense, but I need to provide them with full proof of all service work performed on the car from new- to include all oil changes, 15K, 30K, and 45K services, etc.

I have three problems with this.
1) What does an oil change have to do with a bad control arm? I can't see how it's related, or if it's even legal for them to require this.

2) Once out of warranty, I did some of my own oil changes. When I mentioned this, the rep stated that "they'd take it under advisement" and let me know if they would still reimburse me.

3) While I owned that car, I spent 1.5 years working in two different states. I've had service performed in Chicago and St Louis, depending on where I was when the service was due. I can't find 2 receipts from St Louis and don't see why I'm now going to have to recreate them long distance.

I frankly don't have the time to go digging through the attic or calling another state to find records on a car I no longer own, just to satisfy Audi. A defective part is a defective part, and there shouldn't be any stipulations or caveats attached to being able to get repaid for work I had performed at my own expense.

Am I off base on this????
Old 09-30-2004, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no,i would be ranting too : ) sounds like a pretty weanie thing to do on their part
Old 09-30-2004, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe there thought is that if the services were performed at Audi steeler

then they would have seen it when servicing: yea right, they still can't get all the belly pan screws back in on my car. Of course you could ask them if; you had not replaced the control arms would they have paid for the death and distruction caused when it failed....AOA pay up Sucker!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Perhaps AoA is checking

IF your repair was related to damage, the paper trail might lead them to believe it was.

Otherwise, they are just trying to avoid reimbursing you. With all the mod blown turbos they replace, they might be looking harder at avoiding payment.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Minor rant- JE control arm recall reimbursement and AoA demands....

I'm wondering how many loyal Audi owners have been screwed. I too have been victim of non-reimbusement, the reason, performing the 60k mile maintenance at 65k miles.

Has anyone been able to get reimbursed?
What recourse do we have?

thanks