Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

MY CAR GOT KEYED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY CAR GOT KEYED!!!!

sorry allroader's but i just had to bitch and moan to all of AW about this. yesterday while at San Jose State, visiting my GF. for a mere 15 mins. came back to the public lot and my car was key like a ***** fawkin kid with a crayon on a peice of paper. its pretty deep. from my driver side trunk to my driver side door. I was suspicious when i saw some, VATO kids (not being racist, for i am vietnamese.) just hanging out in this lot.. this is an upscale apartment complex area. so whats this gonna cost me?

i dont wanna claim insurance again in the same week b/c last week i just have my Pseudo NAV + stolen from my car and just claimed that and the door they bent back to get to it.

so 2 questions. how much will a key scratch of that length cost me? and will insurance give me 2 comprehensive claims in 1 week and not make my rate go up? these happened in 2 different areas of san jose. TIA guys... i think im gonna go pray to god now and start fasting or something. its not like i can eat and think about this. this is just fawking rediculous.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:12 AM

Default Re: MY CAR GOT KEYED!!!!

son of a b*&*h

Some mother scraped my bumper last week.

You just want to hurt someone when it happens!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Both theft and vandalism count against your comprehensive, which will not affect your rate. I'd

claim it, as long as the repair will exceed your deductible (which it certainly will).
Old 10-30-2003, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh, so you were that guy...

There was some guy in the middle of Santa Clara Ave. screaming bloody murder about he was "gonna get those damn kids and make them pay."

Just kidding- I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I actually happen to work in downtown SJ- fairly close to SJ State- and I sometimes get nervous about leaving the baby unattended, precisely because of what happened to you. FWIW, I think the post about how this wouldn't count against you due to comprehensive coverage may be right. Unfortunately, with the way insurance companies operate these days, even a call into your agent to inquire about this will cause your rates to increase.

At least you weren't in SF. There you have to watch out for both the jackasses who do crap like this, as well as the otherwise normal people who just can't parallel park their cars without blithely ramming into the ones immediately in front and behind them.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: MY CAR GOT KEYED!!!!

That BITES. That's my biggest fear. We came out of Carraba's the other night and someone had hocked LUGIES (forgive me if I don't know how to spell that) all over my husband's dark blue convertible top and windows. I swear, if I could catch someone doing that stuff......
I was PISSED, but what can you do?!?!? It could have been worse... oh man, I feel for you.

The only thing I can think of insurance-wise is it won't affect your rates with your current company, but it does affect your CLUE report, which could affect your rates with other insurances (Homeowners, etc.). Also, stay with your company at all costs, it will affect your initial rate if you move over to another company. (If you ever want to shop around, insist that the other company run a CLUE report and give you insurance in writing, $ amount, and pay via credit card) prior to cancelling your other insurance.

I'm a paranoid mortgage broker who has seen a lot - so I'm kind of maximum impact when it comes to protecting yourself against stuff....

Good luck -

P. S. We're going to have a phony website like "www.carcoveralarms.com" stitched on all four sides of our car covers, to hopefully deter people raising up the covers to steal things like antennas, etc. (S2000 had 2 antennas stolen from under a car cover!) in aiport lots, etc.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:39 AM

Default Your insurance carrier won't increase your rates but will

likely cancel the policy at renewal time (frequency). At least here in NY they would. Get an estimate from a local shop and go from there. Also, call your insurance agent to get a better handle on a possible non-renewal.
I'm an independent insurance agent.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

For just two claims? If you'd cancel a policy after only two claims, you're pretty low.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:41 AM
jav
AudiWorld Member

Default Actually, that's not correct.

I was with State Farm for 18 years and my then-live-in-fiance had a rough spell on our cars and went through 4 windsheilds in like 3 months. When my MOTORCYCLE policy came due there was a hefty increase in there (never had a claim on the motorcycle) which we questioned. Then a month later my fiance's policy came due again with a hefty increase in the rate. When she called to find out what was going on (and wouldn't accept the blah-blah-blah that the agent was trying to sooth her with), the agent told her "it doesn't take a genius to figure out we're not making any money off you!"

Eighteen years of premiums and that's the way I was "enlightened" to the insurance industry. Insurance is suppose to be purchased, but never used.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hm, not my experience with State Farm at all, though I'll admit you've outrun me in the claims rush.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:54 PM

Default Sorry for you this happened.........

...as, where I live, the allroad is such a rarity, If I go to a restaurant, I sit only where I can keep a careful eye on the parking lot,
things have really got that bad if you own a prestige vehicle, it virtually can't be left in a public lot, else some black hearted b***ard will do the dirty, and it isn't always kids either.