Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Need your opinions on using Bilstein shocks with Arnott Gen1's or Gen2's on Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09mehashaw
No need for cad tools here.
Just some ***** and some A6 supplies.

https://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel41.shtml
The problem with this set up is that the coils are not designed for the Allroad, and it sits way too low. you can raise it (since the coilovers are adjustable), but you're putting them close to or above their indented operating range.

That's why some have installed adapters, or others ride at a setting that seems too low.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after installing Arnott Gen2 air springs and Bilstein shocks with Hotchkis sway bars I can say that the setup in my opinion is a much better feel than the stock setup. Yes, the ride is slightly firmer but not nothing too obtrusive. The rear end will kick out time to time from the firmness at low speed when going over large bumps but other than that, it's a great upgrade compared to stock. The handling difference is HUGE! The stock suspension in no way would take turns and feels as good as this. Steering response is much faster, much less lean, stability and tracking at high speed is greatly improved. I would recommend this to anyone with an Allroad. The car now feels much smaller than it actually is.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rx794
So after installing Arnott Gen2 air springs and Bilstein shocks with Hotchkis sway bars I can say that the setup in my opinion is a much better feel than the stock setup. Yes, the ride is slightly firmer but not nothing too obtrusive. The rear end will kick out time to time from the firmness at low speed when going over large bumps but other than that, it's a great upgrade compared to stock. The handling difference is HUGE! The stock suspension in no way would take turns and feels as good as this. Steering response is much faster, much less lean, stability and tracking at high speed is greatly improved. I would recommend this to anyone with an Allroad. The car now feels much smaller than it actually is.
That's good to hear. How is the nose dive during breaking? Significantly improved or only mildly?

And same for acceleration...?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
That's good to hear. How is the nose dive during breaking? Significantly improved or only mildly?

And same for acceleration...?
Yes, that was significantly improved as well. Forgot to mention that in my review, thanks for bringing it up.