Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New Allroad owner with a few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
The Arnott kit is non-adjustable. The sit closer to stock level 2. You cannot compress it. If you want adjustable coilovers and a direct bolt-on, 2Bennet sells them, but they are not cheap.

You can also build your own kit with coilovers for the A6, but requires some custom fabrication of spacers. At the end, can cost similarly to 2Bennet.

Looks like maintaining the stock air ride is going to be less hassle and burden than trying to customize a set up, I can also I suppose buy the new bags and things in advance as i have the money ready for when they fail!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm, just saw these i like too! would they fit? what should i ask for? nice style and i think gloss black would look utilatarian and still sporty enough?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320938979106#ht_1239wt_932
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Or do I just get my standard 17's gloss black painted as there's only an inch difference?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the description, they're 45 ET, and you need 25 ET, so you'll need 20 mm spacers. POssibly 25, since the rim is slightly wider.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nerdfest09

if my bags are still reasonable what sort of prices could people pay for them used?

thanks YK!
See my post earlier in this thread for the prices I got.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

New allroad owner here as well. Lurking.

I hear quite a bit of talk about coilover conversions. If you don't mind me asking... isn't an allroad with coilovers little more than a more utility-trimmed A6?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by acetech09

I hear quite a bit of talk about coilover conversions. If you don't mind me asking... isn't an allroad with coilovers little more than a more utility-trimmed A6?
I have always thought this as well but many people want the allroad because it is the only A6 wagon in the US that you could get with a manual. They could care less about any off road capabilities.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by acetech09

If you are one of the unfortunate ones with inexplicable air suspension problems, the coilover conversion is the answer to keeping the car or dumping it and suffering loss.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by G0to60
I have always thought this as well but many people want the allroad because it is the only A6 wagon in the US that you could get with a manual. They could care less about any off road capabilities.
Also it is the only wagon (C5-based) that has a potent engine. The regular C5 avant only came with the 2.8 and later the 3.0 engines, both of which are barely adequate to move 4000 lbs.

The vast majority of Allroads do not see conditions that require its off-road capabilities.

That why I bought the Allroad. Great space for the family and a powerful engine. Though the fuel economy is non-existent
Old 10-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys! update time ;-) I had Helga in for her first check up and service under my ownership today! oh the nerves! I was expecting the worst considering she'd been garaged for 2-3 years and barely driven and then when she was driven it was from Tassie to Darwin! if you've a map handy check it, the ar did that trip 3 times!!

her bill of health was brilliant! with no issues or problems, no oil leaks at all no leaks or movement from the turbos and only needed the 2 front rotors replaced and the water reservoir bottle which had a hole in it! we pulled the air filter and I had to take a pic to show you how dirty it was! simply disgraceful but now much better :-)

Name:  20131018_105206_zpsaf64d3ec.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  108.4 KB

I also stopped by an exhaust shop and a wheel shop and a paint shop! yep, the ideas are getting bigger :-)

Quick Reply: New Allroad owner with a few questions?