Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New car update and decision on retirement info (very little allroad content).

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car update and decision on retirement info (very little allroad content).

First, Ex, MachineMan, girlroad, arob, mustbeaudi, thanks for the warm welcome back...sorry I did not answer sooner, but got called away on something. Just got back and found out our ship is deploying for 6 months in early May. So, no need for car right now. Fine with me, I'll just save up more money and be in better position to buy newer.

Also, have decided to retire from the Navy. 22.5 years is enough. Am going to go back to my roots (originally posted "routes" as a joke, but....) and become an electrician again. Anyone know of any good apprenticeship programs?

Yeah, I have LOADS of marine electrical experience, and may even do that, but I think I'd rather be certified in either commercial of private dwelling electrical work. Lockheed Martin and L3 are big down here, so am looking at their programs. 4 years of pay and school...sounds great!

And, RTallroad, they are/were all over the net AND allroads are available here for less than you would believe (most cars are, actually. I think it's the military influence, but who knows).

Anyway, I still want an allroad. Just too damn fine a car to pass on. When I'm back from the cruise, and in my transition phase, I will be looking.

Again, if you know of any good programs (hell, I am even interested in carpentry and home building)? You will have trouble finding a harder worker, or more astute student (and thanks, in advance, for the help).

Ray
Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good luck in your final tour and with your transition...

as an educator I really respect your thoughts on reprogramming yourself through education. My older daughters' boyfriend is involved in an apprenticeship program working on the wind generation farms that are springing up all over the midwest as an electrician, if a change of location is in the offing...they really are looking for hard workers and the pay is pretty good.

Either way good luck to you in whatever you decide to do and also with your purchase of the ultimate road warrior mobile in the ar