Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

A new and novel Allroad suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new and novel Allroad suspension problem

Hi,

I have spent a long time reading all the forums about the Allroad air suspension system. But no-one appears to have experienced the problem I currently have.

The suspension on the right side of my 2000 2.5 tdi Allroad is collapsing when the car is turned off. I have Arnott front suspension units and the original Audi units in the back. We have just recoditioned the pump with a piston reconditioning kit and the pump seems to be working OK. Also cant seem to find any leaks in the system. Car will pump up after a while but always collapses again once the car is turned off.

VAGcom is returning 01776 and 01400 errors which seem to indicate there is a problem with the control head which distributes the pressurised air to the individual struts or the suspension ECU.

Anyone else seen this problem and if so what was the solution?

Paul
Old 05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masterpa
Hi,

I have spent a long time reading all the forums about the Allroad air suspension system. But no-one appears to have experienced the problem I currently have.

The suspension on the right side of my 2000 2.5 tdi Allroad is collapsing when the car is turned off. I have Arnott front suspension units and the original Audi units in the back. We have just recoditioned the pump with a piston reconditioning kit and the pump seems to be working OK. Also cant seem to find any leaks in the system. Car will pump up after a while but always collapses again once the car is turned off.

VAGcom is returning 01776 and 01400 errors which seem to indicate there is a problem with the control head which distributes the pressurised air to the individual struts or the suspension ECU.

Anyone else seen this problem and if so what was the solution?

Paul
Put car in jack mode. Remove wheel. Lower the car with wood block under the suspension so the air spring take the weight of the car just as if the wheel was mounted. Take the car out of jack mode. Now that you can see the air springs, spray soapy water on it. Use flash light and inspect. Be patient! Check for leak with car a different levels. When done place car back in jack mode. Replace wheels.

If no leak is found, valve N149 and N151 may not be closing properly either due to power begin applied to them at the wrong time or low lubrication in valve.

Either case it seem odd that only the right side leak down. But then again it happens.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANKS

I'm sure it is elsewhere...but this is the first time I've seen the leak test explained so well.