Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New problems with my 04 allroad with 52,000 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New problems with my 04 allroad with 52,000 miles.

I purchased my certified pre-owned ar November 07 48,000. I thought the car was certified as perfect condition to attain the certified audi designation. Now 5 months later I need new brakes, rotors and calipers ($650). This seemed a bit weird with only 4000 miles since the dealer had the car. I called the dealership, prestige auto in Denver, and they said since I am past the 1st warranty, I am out of luck. Also there is now a strange bad CV joint sound in the front end of the car when turning to the left. I'm guessing that the dealership will say the same regarding this issue.

Does anyone out there have any knowledge of Audi certified pre-owned designation. This has been a great car other than these issues. I would like to have these problems fixed by Audi but not sure what options I have.

Any ideas out there. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just from experience....a courtesy call to AoA might help to get things moving..

My K03 Turbos blew up with 55K Miles; a friendly call to AoA and working with the Dealership concluded in 75% of the (10K) bill was paid by Audi.
However, you should consider buying a after market extended warranty to cover it up to 100K miles. With almost 50K to go it's surely worth the investment, just MHO.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the rapid reply

I did give a call to AoA regarding the brake issue and they said they are working on it.

I do have the extended warranty. If issues continue to pop up that are not covered by extended warranty, will AoA be cooperative.

The dealership seems not willing to help and AoA is very friendly on the phone. I guess we will see.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I gave up on Prestige after I had them bend me over backwards. Now I just use indys.

But then again, I am out of warranty... so what have you.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: New problems with my 04 allroad with 52,000 miles.

section 6.5 of your CPO inspection checklist should state condition and measurements of pads and rotors. My CPO purchased w/ 40k had new pads and rotors all around, if those were originals @ 48k that's a problem.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Banned

CPO cars have specs for brakes, tires, etc. They screwed up, and calipers are covered under CPO
Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Prestige has done good work on my car and have been very cooperative...

...doing work under CPO. As stated above, brakes are generally not covered, but my pads lasted to around 70K. I think you need to establish what the stated condition of the brakes were at the time of the CPO inspection and make a case that the CPO documentation was "incorrect". I can guarantee you, that although I'm satisfied with the service Prestige provided under CPO, the CPO process itself was a pencil-whip.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Read up on CPO -- they don't look at a damn thing

they just deal with problems as they arise. Clearly your car was not inspected. Hopefully AoA will help.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default My car is CPO and purchased with 21,000 on the clock. They merely turned the rotors

and threw in some new pads. They're already feeling shaky at high speeds and grind at low speeds. Since it's still under the original factory warranty, hopefully they'll give me new rotors this time. If they were supposed to do something to certify it as CPO and didn't, I'd figure that they would make it right. Your calipers at least should be completely covered;that's not a standard wear item. You can do the pads and rotors yourself for not a lot of scratch if it comes down to it.

Also, if you can, find another dealer and see what they say. I've found that there is a very wide spectrum of dealerships and their willingness to help a brother out.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I once had a CV boot fail ony 10 k after it was replaced so I made them replace the brakes that were

in grease. All of this was under warranty though.

Quick Reply: New problems with my 04 allroad with 52,000 miles.