Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

News Flash!!! wobble/pull possibly due to car just sittin' around...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may never disappear with stock tires... tell them you need Michelin PS!
Old 08-19-2003, 05:59 PM

I got the Michelins last week. Still pulls right....
Old 08-19-2003, 06:29 PM

The pulling so likely an alignment issue.. but the wobble is generally a wheel/tire balance issue
Old 08-19-2003, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You must be kidding......how is your overall experience with this dealer service?

If you can, change to another dealership or get at least another expert opinion. Maybe you want to invest in an alignment check by some independent Brand Name Tire dealer. And if it turns out that your alignment is off limitations than confront the dealership management and get reimbursed. Why is it that the customer is not allowed to watch them how they "repair" the car? Do they have anything to hide? Very suspicious!
Old 08-20-2003, 04:28 AM

Default I know nothing about this dealer service. just bought the car there. I'll give them a shot.

Supposedly, they're #1 in customer satisfaction in NYC area. We'll see. They always want a 5 rating from you. I guess I'll have to hold tthem hostage if they don't 'satisfy' me.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:31 AM

Default Actually Benz had this problem a few years ago, I think with the S500's

but it was due to flat spots on he tires from the excessive weight of the car, compounded by certains cars not being driven often.

Hmmm..anyone think 225 tires maybe bit small for a 4400+lb car? I do.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Benz issue has been around for years and is partly the result .....

of the weight of the car and the "set" that some tire develop. We get our tires pretty hot when driving, then park them on concrete or blacktop. Certain construction tires will "flat spot" from sitting just overnight, typically nylon belted tires. Nylon has a memory, albeit a short one, so when parked overnight, it will learn the new position. Once they are driven on and get warm again they will be fine. This was especially prevalent on Pirelli P6 and P600 equipped tires.

I've been away from that business world for some years now but tire construction (except for the Pilot Sport A/S) hasn't changed much. I would bet that the problem still exists today. And half our cars are equipped with Pirelli P600 derivatives.

Might be a plausible explanation.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:34 AM

Default They're giving me another alignment, toe and sub frame. Let's see where this goes. No sense

getting my panties in a wad before I have to....
Old 08-20-2003, 07:32 AM

Default Pull/Wobble redux: Service tech (Neil) calls this am. Says they did an alignment to 'right the pull'

(pardon the pun), and said (AS MOST OF YOU AR EXPERTS STATED), the wobble was due to tires (balance). Neil said he drove my car 13 miles to make sure there was nothing going on. Even agreed with me on the oull to right, and said he was getting tired from constant correction to the left.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:02 PM

Default Nice story from the dealer ...

But my ar has pull to the right from the start and was brandnew (ordered from factory jan '03, delivered to me end of march '03). This one for sure was not inactive for a relevant amount of time.
First attempt from dealer to repair (changed wheels back-front right-left) did not work, I have to go back.

BTW: I had the dealer asked to program automatic central locking, it disactivated after 1 week.
Thanks to this forum I was prepared for this!
I am NOT going to buy a VAGCOM anyway.

Quick Reply: News Flash!!! wobble/pull possibly due to car just sittin' around...