Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Not happy with Arnott

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like there are way too many allroad owners out there who are are experiencing the Bilstein clunk. My indy was told by Arnottt that there are no issues. Either Arnott is living under a rock or they are playing stupid. Time to shake some trees.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this clunking from my left rear, but I have the Bilstein coilover replacement, not airbags. I had tons of problems in the beginning that Adam Arnott helped me with personally. Try talking to him and let him know others are experiencing issues and see if he will send the part out with no out of pocket expense to you.

I have to go to my indy next week to see if he can source the exact problem with my set. I even had new OEM strut mounts installed when I installed mine last year. So I don't think that is my issue, but who knows.

Please keep this thread updated. I will too.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Arnott has always shown great customer service.I hope everyone doesn't jump down their throat and ruin this.I believe they will sort this out.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For what it is worth I just replaced both front stock airbags with Arnott (and both front axles)and everything is fantastic. I did not replace shocks as they were in proper working order>

Regards
Old 01-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same thing happen to me from the front with gen 2 with bilsteins. Almost sounds like a bad strut bearing. I also had a reputable Audi shop do my AR and it ended up costing me another alignment and install. Arnott told me to send back both front Gen 2 and bilsteins and they sent back a loaded front set all put together. Then no problems came back with the loaded set but it cost me aother $1,200 for this. Alinment and install. Also I think you have either 6 or 8 months to return it, but the sooner the better. Make sure you get something back from Arnott because of faulty parts to pay towards your install and alinment. My mechanic told me if he had ordered them he would have eatten the cost but I had bought them for him to install and cost me $1,200 more.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

$1200?You got ripped off big time
Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

$1200? for two front bags and alignment? You my friend, were overcharged by about $800-900. ouch
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyvaz
$1200? for two front bags and alignment? ouch
At least it was cheaper than what an Audi dealer would have charged him...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have contacted Arnott with the same issue. . . I was told that it was the first they had heard about it (even thpough I know of 2 other people with the same problem that have contacted them about it too)

I for one am not impressed with their "lifetime guaranty" or the way they stand behind their products. When they first came out with the allroad products and had problems, they were (reportedly) very good at backing up what they sold. Now, a year later, they could give 2 ***** about it.

I was told to send them back and they would see if there was a problem. So, I'll take my car apart (again) ship a bag and shock out to them, pay for freight, pay for a rental while they pretend to test it, wait for them to send it back, and then re-install it. I'm fortunate that I do most of my work myself so I wouldn't have to pay for labor, but I figure it would still cost me $500 to hear that they couldn't find a problem.

OEM may be twice the price, but for those of you who pay someone to do the work, it's still cheaper in the long run to have proven parts installed
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Suprising to hear, but realize that they don't make the Bilsteins, just the airbags. I've now heard of two people who have had alignments done and the clunk disappeared. Interestingly, clunking Bilstiens has been a relatively hot topic in the Jeep world recently too...

Quick Reply: Not happy with Arnott