Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Odd immobilizer problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd immobilizer problem

So, my car came with one complete key/remote, one half (just the remote), and one wallet key.

To get a compete second key/remote, I bought the blade part at the local dealer, and had them cut it. Easy enough to combine the blade part and the remote part, they just snap together.

I followed the 'program your remote' instructions, and while I was able to get the new key to start the car (and the remote bits on it operate fine), when running with it, the immobilizer is constantly flashing in the instrument cluster. A little bit of searching seems to suggest that I'm VERY lucky that I didn't disable the car. Using the original key/remote pair, no immobilizer flashing in the cluster.

My original GOOD key then, for some reason, forgot it had remote bits. Rather than take a chance and reprogram the original with the 'makes the immobilizer flash in the cluster' key in the ignition, I used the wallet key instead in the ignition, and reprogrammed the remote bits on the original key. (at least I got that working again)

Can anyone suggest how to resolve the issue with the new remote/blade combo? I have a ProDiag (and may post to their mailing list later this eve), and a Bentley, any pointers appreciated...

And in case it makes any difference, the car is REVO'd
Old 05-20-2006, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Doesn't the blade have a chip in it?

I suspect the dealer will need to add the new blade to the immobilizer...

Good luck,
Gavin
Old 05-20-2006, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It should. I probably need to read the Bentley... <clickety-clack>... Great, looks like I...

... need to go to the dealer, as it requires a PIN or something from Audi that's involved with 'authorizing' the key. They call it adaptation, and it needs to be done to *all* the keys, as any key it's not performed on is no longer auth'd to start the car.

Sorry for the noise, I should have looked at the manual first. At least this thread will make it into the archives, and maybe help the next poor schmuck that has this problem.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default if its a CPO car then it should have come complete from the Audi dealer..

they are responsible to corect this at their cost. Programming new keys does require the dealer's "Secret Key Code" when you do not have the full original set.

If you are under warranty and not CPO..just go to the dear and tel theim its not working. They will fix it under warranty.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's not a CPO. Warranty ran out 3 weeks ago. I'll call the dealer Monday and see what they say..