Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

OK, no more element, if I can sell my allroad, I'll get a 20th anniversary GTI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kinda thinkin the same.........shall we hug?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:25 PM

Default Awwwww.....

shucks...
Old 06-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default If it's just for "prestige", I would buy the M3 instead of the allroad for the same $...

but I didn't. The allroad suits my needs in most departments. I've yet to find one car that offers the "practicalities" such as awd, adjusted suspension, etc and the refined/subtle styling (both exterior and interior) of the allroad.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:49 PM

Werd!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well "likey" has nothing to do with it. I can show you lots of people that

would like an audi or an element for that matter, but can't afford a bus ticket let alone a car based on if they "like it" or not. And even then you can find the fellas that have a pacer club and vow to the death it was the best car ever made. Any person will "stick up" for the car they have because it's the most obvious thing to own to declare social status. I bought a KIA because I am Korean, and proud that my country has come out with a slick little SUV that gets alot of stares and questions around here atleast. Maybe because I've seen like 2 on the road. Maybe it has things that the allroad doesn't like a full size spare (A full size spare would be nice to get in the AR. Even a jetta has it and doesn't even have offroad capabilites.) I don't know why but it attracts attention enough that my wife's boss asked her what it was and then went out and bought one. It's a good little car for what its worth (for a 5 mile commute for the wife.) But it ain't no audi trust me. I assume most here on this forum can say "I'll take it" without a flinch, and because of this power, we drive audis while most can't. Listen to yourself. You likey you getty. come on. Not everyone can afford a car like this one let alone base getting a car because of a mood towards options. German car's rule and it is out of most people's price range thus claiming the title "nanernanernana." Heck, in some parts of the midwest that I unfortunately know of, if you don't drive a ford or a chevy you'd likey get stares... like how you snob at the KIA next to you when your in your AR.
And yes... There are people out there that don't even know what an audi is... and they view anything different as unreliable (you don't see alot of audi dealerships) or your a la-ti-da welltodo that thinks they are better then everyone else... THEN you get the door ding... But you know and I know what a great car it is and we don't care like they don't care...
Some might think its an anti-american german POS that cost too much and has brake sounds that curdle your ear drums... I wonder how many neons at stop lights that come to a stop next to my car say to themselves, "gee even my car doesn't sound like that. You would think that for that kinda money you would get quiet brakes..."
If they only knew about the DBW lag and the 45/65mph shuttering....

they just figure its a luxury car because the AR is so damn sexy.
grarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BTW I never said the wealthy are boring. I have one client that just came back from 6 months in australia just "to get away"... another client I have just got back from a 100 day heli ski trip in alaska's back mountains... same fella that just bought another 200 ft. yacht for the summer... Far from boring they tend to unload their loves into other things then a depreciating asset. He's never home enough to enjoy his nice cars so he puts around town in a used crown vic to save the miles on his "babies." Not because he's a miser that doesn't enjoy the finer things in life... He has. It's because he's immuned to the "awe factor" of luxurious excess that we have when we drool over his rare collection of automobiles...
Comes down to this... For people that can afford any car they want usually they get bored pretty quick of it and even the novelty of driving a crappy car becomes fun. This is such a dead subject to me now so I'm done.

oh BTW and the holy grail of all station wagons is the eurospec RS6. Period. i0i
Old 06-03-2003, 08:07 PM

Ummm...okie-doke.