Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Paging wheel guru's-any issues with using hubcentric rings w/spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging wheel guru's-any issues with using hubcentric rings w/spacers?

I picked up a wheel/tire package that Ed posted a link to and got them yesterday. I am working on getting spacers and bolts and realized that these wheels are not hubcentric and require the rings to size properly. My concern; from what I have read since being on this board is the AR is fussy when it comes to getting a properly fitted wheel/spacer combo. Does this make it more difficult by adding a hubcentric ring into the mix?
Old 12-31-2005, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steve- as long as all the parts are of good quality, no problem. My BBS RX uses rings and spacers

straight from BBS.

DT should have sent you the centering rings with the wheels. If not, call and get them. With my Fittipaldi wheels, DT included the centering rings and they are a nice snug fit in the wheels. And both the H&R and Hartmann spacers I have fit very well, with the Hartmann spacers just a bit more snug.

Let me know if you need a hand getting the rings. My local DT keeps them in stock depending on the actual machined center bore of your new wheels. I'd be happy to drop over and get you what you need if it helps.

Can't wait to see what they look like on your car.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Spend the money to get a hubcentric spacer from a top european manufacturer, H+R...ect...
Old 12-31-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Hartmann's new spacers are really nice. And fit better than the H&R's too...

I have H&R 8, 15 & 20mm spacers (OK, finally sold the 8's) and I think that with every set of H&R's I've bought, there's one that doesn't seem to fit snuggly, or one that's marginally too big to fit in the wheel. Tried the new 15mm from Hartmann and they are really nice. The fit on the hub is nice and snug, and the fit into the wheels is snug enough to hold the spacer into the wheel when trying to mount on the car. Nice product, and alternative to H&R.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Thanks Ed. I did call DT and they are sending me a set of rings. I still

need to buy the spacers. I was trying to see if Bryan was willing to sell his seperately. Still debating on if I should pick up his wheels as well. I really need to mount 2 of my new wheels so I can see if I like them as much as the RS6 reps. I have a lack of imagination-I set the wheels up to the car, but I still can't picture what they would look like mounted.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Know what you mean. That's why I lent one of my old 18" Goodyears to Jay...

so he could mount the tire on one of his new rims and bolt on the car to see what it looks like. Not sure if he is done with it yet, but feel free to borrow the tire from him to test mount on your car. or you can post a picture of the wheel and your car, and see if someone can photoshop for you.

I have Bryan's Hartmann spacers on my kitchen table. If he is interested in selling, I can UPS them to you.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re:I already have the rims and tires mounted, but would need a spacer...

to see how they look mounted on the car. I will see if someone can photoshop my wheels onto the car. Not a bad idea.

I think Bryan has a buyer lined up for the whole package, so it looks like I will be calling Hartmann next week.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Refresh my memory... wheel width and offset???

I am using my 15mm spacers with the snows, but the 20mm are just collecting dust until spring. You're welcome to borrow if you want to test fit.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Found it- 18x8 et35, so you'll need 20mm spacers anyway....

same width and offset as my Hartmann Avus Reps which is use with 20mm H&R. Feel free to borrow my spacers for a while.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: I called Hartmann today and they suggested getting the 15mm

as opposed to the 20mm. From what I recall of your pics of the 15mm and 20mm installed, I liked the look of the 20's providing there would be no downside to going that route. I will go take a pic now of the wheels up against the car and post it up. Maybe that will give me a better idea of the look.

Quick Reply: Paging wheel guru's-any issues with using hubcentric rings w/spacers?