Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Participated in the SOT in Seattle yesterday, new found respect for the A8.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Participated in the SOT in Seattle yesterday, new found respect for the A8.

It was fun to flog around the various models but the big suprise was how well the A8 kept its composure through the small course. Most people were quite civil with the car but my wife and I tried our best to peel the tires off the rims. The wife was much faster than me, as she has the track experience. I really want that car now. The RS4 was driven my a professional driver around another small course. My wife went for a ride over and over again. The drivers greeted her by her first name each time she climbed in.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have new found respect for your wife You go girl
Old 05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I kinda dug the A6 Avant....

Mind you the course wouldn't let you get out of 2nd, but I was impressed with the brakes and handling. After a warm-up lap my second lap was silly fast with lots of controlled drifting and drama-free hard braking, but then the course got plugged up with a slower Q7. Sure the Q7 is a great car, but the types that tended to take them out for a spin were less than 'sporty'. Hats off to Audi for putting on a first class event! I would definitely do it again, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to check out the new gen Audis.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Of course they did, everyone wore nametags.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Agreed, outstanding event.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The best part about the Avant..."Avant available......Anyone?.......Anyone?.......
Old 05-21-2006, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default absolutely great event.......we went on

Sunday, early in the morning. Everything was well done all the way through. Agreed that the A8 was a pleasant surprise, especially when you got her squeeling in the bends. Such a big machine that drives so well. Also liked the A3 3.2 with DSG. My wife and I felt it was a first class event all the way, but then again we are easily impressed ;-)

btw.......the most exciting thing of the day is what a little birdie told me. Audi is currently working on putting together a European Delivery program for delivery in Ingolstadt, Germany and that we should know within the next 6 months. I told the little birdie they can count me in for sure. =)
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cheers all around!!! SOT Seattle was a hit. RS4 hot laps were great &...

I think having a pro driver showed off the car well. Not being able to drive it was, yes, a bummer but the hot laps (2) were exciting.

The term that sticks with me is "keep the cars shiny side up" spoken by one of the event coordinators...hit the old funny bone I must say.

Lines were totally tolerable and gave people a chance to compare notes between drives.

For a big car the A8 really surprised me, who's in ine for the S8 w/ B&O system & every luxury item. K2audi pointed the stereo out to me while we were there. The front seats have lighting underneath them to illuminate the back seat floor, woah!

Surprise of the day was the A3 w/ DSG. Very intuitive gear selection and quite a bit of car for it's size. Lines are forming now I'm sure for the S3.

Miss of the day was the A4 2.0T...wah, wah.

Had a great time, good food, great drives and the whole event was silky smooth, thanks Big Daddy.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your allroad has lights under the front seats that illuminate the rear footwells also.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Get out...tell me more Troy...

I don't have my manual w/ me at work or I'd reference this now.

Quick Reply: Participated in the SOT in Seattle yesterday, new found respect for the A8.