Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Passenger Side Mirror Dipping Down On Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
I think you have to have the mirror button set to the right to have the right mirror dip in reverse.
Exactly.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess what I'm trying to say is how to readjust the passenger side mirror as it dips down to low.
I want to adjust the mirror a bit higher.
I'm happy that it's working when it's on reverse but just need my personal adjustment.
thanx for the reply "awdjunkies"
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GervTini
I guess what I'm trying to say is how to readjust the passenger side mirror as it dips down TOO low.
I want to adjust the mirror a bit higher.
I'm happy that it's working when it's on reverse but just need my personal adjustment.
thanx for the reply "awdjunkies"
Fixed it for you.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I played with mine today. Looks like the mirror changes in relation to how it's set normally so that it provides the correct view for how the driver sees when not in dipped mode. In other words, if you are taller in the seat, where you set the mirror for traffic adjusts to the correct view when lowered for reversing. The idea is the mirror lets you see the rear wheel area so you can avoid curb rash when backing next to a curb. Not other adjustments available. You have to look at the mirror a while when dipped to come to the realization that it does provide the rear wheel view you need to avoid running into the curb. But it doesn't provide much other. I've decided that unless I'm going to back next to a curb in a tight spot, I'll keep the switch set to the driver side.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
I played with mine today. Looks like the mirror changes in relation to how it's set normally so that it provides the correct view for how the driver sees when not in dipped mode. In other words, if you are taller in the seat, where you set the mirror for traffic adjusts to the correct view when lowered for reversing. The idea is the mirror lets you see the rear wheel area so you can avoid curb rash when backing next to a curb. Not other adjustments available. You have to look at the mirror a while when dipped to come to the realization that it does provide the rear wheel view you need to avoid running into the curb. But it doesn't provide much other. I've decided that unless I'm going to back next to a curb in a tight spot, I'll keep the switch set to the driver side.
That's what I thought too.
But, worth asking the Audiworld forum.
Thanx Kneale for clearing is out...Cheers!!!