Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!

I cannot for the life of me find a detailed walkthrough on how to change the pads AND rotors on a 01 allroad with hp2!!! I was gonna just go for it today and after about 30 min of working on one caliper i had the pads out but here is were I hit a wall. HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET THE DAMN ROTOR OFF?? I realize that the caliper must be removed but how does one accomplish such a task? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two bolts on the back of the caliper. Remove one and loosen the other one and swing it up or down(depending on whichever bolt you removed) and out of the way. You need an 8mm hex bit socket and a breaker bar since those two bolts are usually rusted and tight. I had a hard time even with the breaker bar...Once the caliper is out of the way the rotor comes off.

Last edited by indoor; 12-21-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to remove the two large hex bolts that hold the caliper carrier to the front upright. I don't see any need to remove the caliper from the carrier since the carrier is what is in the way of removing the rotor. Those two bolts can be very tight and require a lot of leverage or big impact gun to remove.

Here is a good general write up:
http://www.audiction.com/audi-mainte...brake-job-diy/