Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Potential allroad owner looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential allroad owner looking for info

Hi all, I've almost purchased an 04 allroad 6spd w/89k (bank crap holding it up) and I had a few questions. I have carfaxed the vehicle and contacted the local dealer where service was done and the car seems to be a 1 owner, who performed the scheduled maintenance all the way through! At 82k, timing belt, water pump, tires, pads and turbos were all replaced (at dealer), so I'm hoping the car won't have any issues for a while (other than maybe the air suspension).

Anyway, my questions are the following:

1) I'd like to eventually get a tune however I want to do a Stage 0 (replace all items to get the car in tip top OEM shape), what engine items would I want to check? Plugs? Coils? diverters? idk

2) I want to add a boost gauge that matches the gauges and lighting at night..anyone have any suggestions? I'm probably going mount it in the driver's side vent. I've seen the VDO but not sure it matches very well.

Anyway, thats it for now, thanks advance!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbos replaced at 82K? Whoa! Seems early. Either that, or the dealer milked someone of lots of money.

Has the car been modified before? If not, you shouldn't need to do much to bring it to stage "0". Check the spark plugs, replace if they need to be replaced, otherwise leave them alone. My AR with 86K miles has beautiful spark plugs (bought the car 6 months ago).

Change oil and filter. Use a good synthetic oil, like Motul.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are the gauges I'll be using (boost/vacuum & OP). They can be set to match your instrument colors.
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/elite...or-gauges.aspx
Good luck.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah I have a feeling the dealer milked them or at least I'm hoping that's the case. Regardless, there were many new parts replaced including the tires. I don't believe it is modded but could be wrong. How would I know if its chipped or not (besides installing a boost gauge, which I want to do anyway)?

Thanks for the stage 0 parts info.

About the glowshifts, I"m not really a fan of them. I like the podi gauges. Does AWE make one as well?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Check out the Blitz II DTT. It's a turbo timer (super handy) with a built in boost guage (digital though) and is a perfect fit in the dash cup holder slot. That way it doesn't look mod'd at all. I don't care how. Lean of a job you do using the vent area, it always look like a tuners car My opinion anyway.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well its official! I'm an allroad owner!

Car looks to be in great shape!

Few more questions: finish on driver's side inside door handle (near window switches) is coming off. Can I replace this without having to get a new door panel?

Rear windows safefy switch (on driver's door) does not stay engaged (pushed down) therefore rear windows cannot be put down using rear window switches. Any fix for this?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, a whole new door panel for just the inside handle....just peel the rest off as best you can. There is a place on the web and in car-resto magazines that can re-coat the rubber on interior pieces, they generally do Ferraris tho...I never checked but I'm sure its not cheap.

Peeling rubber interior surfaces is par for the Audi course.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Or you can be a DIYer and attempt to refinish it yourself, and post pictures for us,

take a look at this, this is how the a8 guys do it

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl..._refinish.html
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by juve021
Rear windows safefy switch (on driver's door) does not stay engaged (pushed down) therefore rear windows cannot be put down using rear window switches. Any fix for this?
Yup. Do a quick test first. Push the window lock-out button down and hold it there. While holding it down, reach back a try to lower the rear window with the switch on the rear door. It should work. So, now you just need to pop out the driver's switches and secure the window lock-out switch down. Of course you will no longer have the option to lock out the windows (not really an essential feature IMO). I used electrical tape. I'll post a photo of it in a sec. Unless you are looking for it, you don't notice it. Cheers.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in getting a vent boost gauge too, sorry for hi jacking. Is there such thing for the AllRoad like this.
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES8020/

Last edited by jujuC6; 05-02-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Potential allroad owner looking for info