Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Question from new member

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from new member

Hello all- I am the proud owner of a nice clean used 2001 Allroad Quattro with 2.7 l biturbo engine and tiptronic transmission, with only 50,750 miles. I bought it from my local VW dealer as-is, and will be obtaining an aftermarket warranty to use with my local shop that specializes in imports. The car is super clean and I thought I had gone over it at the dealer as to functionality of the features, including the air suspension, but realize that there is a minor problem, in that the drivers side memory function is dead, as there is no light in the module,and there is no programming function, while all is well on the passenger side. I have played with the stop switch and already have taken the switch module out to clean the plug and socket contacts and reflow the solder, but no help. All fuses in the fuse box are good. I have read a few posts and see that there is a module under the seat, and I looked and the plugs are all seated properly down there. I am handy and willing to try a little tinkering, but wonder if I am missing a fuse somewhere else in the car. A totally dead circuit may be an easy fix. Does anyone have some knowledge of this problem out there? I am willing to ignore the problem if necessary as the seats do adjust manually, but if there is an easy cheap fix, I am all for making the car 100%. I look forward to reading your forums and thank you all for the posts you have made in the past.
Dan S Easton,PA
Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You know that if the red button is pressed the seat memory buttons don't work? Press the button again, and if it still doesn't work I'd look there for the problem.....
Old 05-31-2010, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have clicked the stop button many times, have taken the module out of the door and cleaned the stop button and the plugs several times with deoxit and have no power to the module,in that the lights are out on the drivers side when the interior lights are otherwise on, and the passengers side module is lit up and works normally. I believe the module under the seat may be shot, but was hoping to find a quick fix fuse that I missed.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Didnt you say you had warranty? Why not bring it in to be checked by pros?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Actually, I haven't bought the warranty yet, and even if I did, the problem is preexisting to the warranty. I will not spend $600 for a module to fix memory seat functioning, as long as I can adjust the seats using the power controls, which I can. By the way, on the third day of ownership, after driving the car about 80 miles, while dropping a daughter off at the airport, the suspension warning light came on and within 10 minutes the right front air spring blew out, so I already have a repair. The dealer agreed to help me out, at first offering to pay for a new bag to replace the one that blew, including labor, but I actually asked him to use the fund credit in labor towards replacing the air suspension bags with overcoils, which he agreed to. I have therefore ordered the Arnott coil suspension conversion kit with my funds and the VW dealer that sold me the car will install for me at no additional cost, which I think is a fair way to resolve this. I will let you know how the coil spring conversion works out. Dan
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air suspension, while a PITA sometimes, works really well when things are right. But many folks do the coil-overs and forget about the eventual problems. Can't argue with that reasoning.

I'm actually ditching the DRC on the RS6...now that system really sux !
Old 06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There some funny fuses in the AR. My steering wheel stopped adjusting. There was it's own fuse inside the cowl.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all the switch lights in the driver door are not working, you may have a wiring problem in the doorjamb.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have you verified with a multimeter that there is power getting to the seat memory module? If so, then it is the swith assembly itself.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

By the way, welcome! I just got myself 2001 2.7T allroad with 54,000 miles. Hope you like the car!

Quick Reply: Question from new member