Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Questions about color options

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about color options

Is it possible to order custom colors from Audi, I would like a Pearl White Allroad, I am not fond of the silver, and have a dislike for black cars, and think that the harsh contrast between the body and the trip would look interesting. Also I have noticed that Audi offers custom options in europe, are these available here in th US, my dealer has not been able to help, I would like the seats out fo the s6, as well as alcantre trim.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 11-29-2001, 11:59 AM

Default Yeah, I want the S6 seats too...

and exterior mirrors and guages; ****, Iwant an S6
Old 11-29-2001, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Generally "no"...absolutely no if the car is not available in that color in Europe...

There are very few unannounced special order colors available. Often "Pearlescent White" is a "special order" color...really more of an "additional cost" color than special order.
When deciding what color to get for our incoming S6, the wife wanted Nemo blue...which is no longer available on any Audi...so, thusly, they said "no". The only color, at the time, Audi was willing to special order, was "Nogaro Blue" which is otherwise only available on the S4 in the U.S., but is a standard color for the S6 in Europe.

Bottom Line: you can give it a shot, but don't get your hopes up...slim chance, zero if not available standard in Europe
Old 11-29-2001, 01:44 PM

Quattro GMBH does custom colors, including all one color jobs. Doubt they're available in the US !
Old 11-29-2001, 05:38 PM

Default Special colors are ~$1200 additional, as long as it is an Audi color, on some current model

The trick is getting it ordered. Some dealers don't know how, some won't, but it can be done.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default hmm... this is a "rugged" type of car... it's not ment for a luxurious roady car color like white...

it would look odd... don't get me wrong, I LOVE the pearl white effect on cars... all my cars before my alpaka were white or pearl effect like my subaru H6... white is such a regal look, not ment for mud... the colors Audi picked were for a reason... to simplify, to make exclusive, and to eliminate the glamour of the vehicle and give it a more of an "aggressive look" with character...

everything you said reminds me of my GF saying something like this (like she always does the picky thing...) "I'd like a bacon cheeseburger hold the bacon and the cheese."

If you want such choices go with the S6... If you want to become one of the few and far between and live with the things that make the AR an AR... then join the club! just my .02. ;^)
Old 11-30-2001, 11:11 AM

Default Re: hmm... this is a "rugged" type of car... it's not ment for a luxurious roady car color like whit

I think you might be right, I saw an atlas grey AR on PCH this morning, and it looked mighty nice, I think it is time for me to get away from white cars, anyone have any experience with the warm weather package, and the solar sunroof. Also anyone have any experience with aftermarket wheels on the AR and using spacers to offset, I am thinking of MODA R3 wheels 18"
Old 11-30-2001, 03:13 PM

Default The solar sunroof is good, but it's opaque ya know...

It's black glass on the outside, but it's either open or tilted up. There is *no* option to slide back a 'sun shade' and have the sun shine through the glass.

Other than that it's pretty cool, even up here in Oregon. It justs runs the fans on solar panel, so your car stays a bit cooler.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Range Rover of G.B & N.A. use white vehicles since thaey are less likely to show scratches (4x4ing).
Old 02-27-2002, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Special colors are ~$1200 additional, as long as it is an Audi color, on some current model

I contacted a dealer in NYC who put an order in the system for a special color on an A4 (new grey special edition TT color is what I want) and it kicked back. How do they order the special colors? Dealer did not think it was possible.

Quick Reply: Questions about color options