Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Rear washer

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear washer

Is there someone on the forum that removed the rear panel recently and still has pictures on how to remove it. I tried today but didn't get anywhere. Is it the blind holder I need to remove as a unit first? Or I need to remove the blind roller first? Isn't that bad I saw in the panel and my line is cut in the plastic section and not the copper section.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes...I would like to see a solution too. Mine hasn't worked for quite some time and haven't figured out how to remove the panels to determine the problem. I didn't want to break something else in trying to fix a problem that is not a necessity (at least where I live).
Old 01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

my washer has never had any fluid coming out either. and the wiper comes on when i start the car every time even though the switch is off. some pics would be appreciated so we dont damage anything
Old 01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well guys I tried it yesterday and did it. The trick is to remove the aluminium cylinder around the rear blind with at least two putty knifes wrapped in electrical tape. You'll need to squeeze it out on the entire lenght (I did it from the bottom) then there is 6 screws behind it, don't worry the blind hold by two of the six screws. Then remove the screw by the handle, so people said there is a screw behind the safety triangle but I had none in my 2004 4.2 . Then it just a matter of popping out the clips. I'll try to take a picture tomorow on how to remove the blind since I think that a visual reference would help a lot of people here.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

A pic (or pics) would be great. TIA
Old 01-03-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ok, so I took some pictures to show the basic of removing the rear panel, I didn't want to do the whole job again but I feel that those pictures will greatly help. So you need to remove the screw next to the handle and the one behind the triangle (might not be there such as mine). To remove the blind holder use a putty knife with electrical tape to do the less damage possible and pry it from one side to the other, patience is the key there. Next after removing the blind roller you will have 2 screws holding it on each side that you need to remove, then the 2 srcrews next to them and 2 more in the middle. After that you just need to pop the clips along the panel and you will have a full access.
Attached Images      
Old 01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So what did you find once you got the panel off?

Originally Posted by B490MTL
Ok, so I took some pictures to show the basic of removing the rear panel, I didn't want to do the whole job again but I feel that those pictures will greatly help. So you need to remove the screw next to the handle and the one behind the triangle (might not be there such as mine). To remove the blind holder use a putty knife with electrical tape to do the less damage possible and pry it from one side to the other, patience is the key there. Next after removing the blind roller you will have 2 screws holding it on each side that you need to remove, then the 2 srcrews next to them and 2 more in the middle. After that you just need to pop the clips along the panel and you will have a full access.
Did you fix your rear washer after you got the panel off. This great! Mine has not worked since I got the car last year. I'm ready for a clean rear window!!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My line was broken at the plastic part, but I know a few people here had theirs break at the copper line in the wiper motor. So you really have to open to check the damage. Hope the pictures help you.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great thanks for the pics. I will attempt it this weekend after skiing